Registered Nurse (RN) - Recovery Room
Providence, Rhode Island /
Clinical Services /
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Position Summary: Planned Parenthood of Southern New England has an opening for a per diem Recovery Room Registered Nurse for our Providence, Rhode Island Health Center to work on Tuesdays and/or Friday's weekly.
· Responsible for assisting the Clinician in the direct care of patients within protocols established by PPSNE
· Participates in the provision of all PPSNE medical services including in-clinic abortion and abortion by pill services
· Responsible for primary care follow-up of patients
· Responsible for providing and overseeing patient care in the recovery area with an emphasis on patient safety and comfort
· Provides direct patient care as needed including injections, patient support, phlebotomy, and laboratory work
· Provides education and information to patients in conjunction with the clinical component of their visit Manages the lab space to ensure supplies are up-to-date and are maintained according to quality control standards
· Provides follow up care under the direction of the medical providers
· Ensures an environment that appreciates and embraces a variety of experiences and perspective which arise from differences in race, culture, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability and gender identity
· Must be licensed in the state of Rhode Island
· Must have at least 1 year of experience in a fast-paced clinic setting
· Must have Tuesday and Friday availability (shift begins at 7am)
· Must have good interpersonal skills communicating with patients and co-workers
· Must be committed to providing quality healthcare and excellent customer service
· Must have shown reliability and dependability
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish or bi-cultural candidate preferred
· Communicates clearly and directly, continually able to hear, reflect, and act on feedback related to identity and equity with the aim to learn
· Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics, and brings a high level of self-awareness, empathy and humility to interpersonal interactions
· Interest in expanding your knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society, and are committed to building and/or deepening your commitment to racial equity in your work
Per Diem Rate: $38.00 per hour
*Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.