Senior Director of Development Operations & Stewardship
New Haven, Connecticut /
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
In support of Planned Parenthood of Southern New England’s mission, the Senior Director of Development Operations and Stewardship is a team leader who reports to and collaborates with the Chief Development Officer (CDO) to establish and support team outcomes, ensuring best in class practices and effective strategies to build a cohort of engaged and satisfied donors. The Senior Director of Development Operations and Stewardship will create and implement an annual plan for team operations to support the growth the financial resources for PPSNE’s C3, PPVotes! C4s and PACs and campaign/special projects as needed.
Essential Functions: Data
- Responsible for the oversight and integrity of all donor and donation data in accordance with department and organization policies and procedures
- Supervise the coordination of the systems and processes to ensure effective operations to meet goals, including reports as needed, to monitor progress in all areas of development work
- Oversee department practices to ensure accurate data entry by staff and volunteers to ensure timely and accurate processing, coding, acknowledgement, fulfillment and reporting of all solicitations, pledges, and donations (approximately 16,000 annually)
- Supervise all financial reconciliation processes and internal report requests.
- Oversee the preparation of all e-donor and donation information for donor communications, global imports, and other database projects
- Supervise PPSNE staff and Salesforce to facilitate and execute large-scale data transfers, appends and archiving, as necessary
- Partner with, and serve as a liaison between, PPSNE and PPFA to ensure compliance on Federation regulated activities of the affiliate and to stay abreast of and learn from federation-wide best practices
- Maximize functionality of department database assets and software
- Maintain a high level of expertise in Salesforce, EveryAction, ResearchPoint and other software programs to fully utilize each system’s capabilities towards achieving fundraising and development goals
- Supervise the management of the partnership with Information Technology and Salesforce as necessary to complete routine system maintenance, backups, upgrades, install new applications, etc
- Inform and realize near and long-term data management vision for department
- Stay abreast of new technology products and techniques for managing Salesforce and donor data
- Partner with the Development Systems Manager to research and recommend database upgrades, module add-ons, data appends, etc. needed to achieve annual and long-term goals
- Maintain working relationships with multiple Planned Parenthood National Headquarters (PPFA) account managers to implement software solutions for data and reporting needs, schedule trainings, upgrade hardware, etc
Essential Functions: Development
- Plans, designs, implements, and coordinates a comprehensive program of stewardship and donor relations for the institution’s top donors
- Co-creates and supports the stewardship plan for all $25,000+ gifts
- Implements and supports the internal policy and process for stewarding donors for life
- Ensures that the timely, thorough, and transparent tracking and reporting of stewardship activities/data on behalf of both internal and external constituents
- Designs individualized stewardship and recognition for special donors
- Creates collaborative stewardship plans for high-dollar ($500,000+) donors
- Ensures timely recognition and communication with said donors
- Curates a donor specific giving experience that leaves donors satisfied and feeling well-cared for
- Supports the Prospect Management Process through Research and Prospect Behavioral Modeling
- Proactively identifies new and high-level annual and campaign major gift leads and prospects through electronic alerts, analysis, screening information, data mining techniques, push technology, demographic searches, etc
- Maintains and analyzes prospective and upgraded donor data and develops current and prospective donor lists and data. Produces current and prospective donor profiles and helps determine appropriate solicitation ranges
- Leads list management of Major Gifts Team portfolios regarding movement of qualified/disqualified leads, treatment in database, communication streams, etc
- Serves as a high-level advisor to fund raisers at every level to help support, enhance and coordinate their stewardship efforts
- Helps add timely stewardship and engagement opportunities to Donor Relations Officers existing moves management plans
- Collaborates with Donor Relations Officers and the PPSNE Leadership team to ensure engagement opportunities for all top donors
- Passionate commitment to the mission, services, vision, and values of PPSNE
- Aware of multiple group identities and their dynamics, and brings a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions
- Interacts effectively and builds trust with a diversity of people and has demonstrated an ability to effectively work across difference. Communicates clearly and directly, continually able to hear, reflect, and act on feedback related identity and equity with the aim to learn
- Demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions, and consistently integrates deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class, and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects
- Demonstrated understanding of how race dynamics impacts supervisory relationships, organizational culture, clinical service delivery, partnerships, campaigns, and coalition work, and can demonstrate a history of successfully intervening in problematic dynamics and deepening a racial equity approach within an organization, team, service, program, or campaign
- Strong understanding of the role of data in the fund-raising process. Excellent skills in gathering, analyzing and interpreting data
- Minimum 7 years database administration in a nonprofit development office setting, including advanced proficiency (4 or more years) with Salesforce non-profit database version required or comparable system required
- Experience with DonorSearch, Wealthengine or other prospecting tools
- Report writing experience required
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred; but not required
- Collaborative leader
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Culturally responsive
$90,169 - $140,889 a year
Min: $90,169 Mid: $112,711 Max: $140,889 and is based on full years of experience.
Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.