Director of Health Center Operations
Philadelphia, PA /
Patient Services – Patient Services /
Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania is the local affiliate of the country’s leading sexual and reproductive health care advocate and provider. Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania operates 10 health centers throughout Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. Nationwide, Planned Parenthood affiliates operate more than 600 health centers, providing medical services and sexuality education for millions of individuals (adults and teens) each year. We also work with allies worldwide to ensure that all people have the right and the means to meet their sexual and reproductive health care needs.
The position of Director of Health Center Operations is a full-time, 35 hour/week, benefits-eligible, exempt hybrid position working remotely and from our Center City Philadelphia location as needed. The salary range for this position is $118,000 - $122,000 and dependent upon experience and training. The Director of Health Center Operations oversees center operations, including direct supervision of the managers of PPSP family planning centers, creates and manages health center budgets, develops and implements strategies to meet PPSP goals for patient access, center productivity, and patient experience, and contributes to the implementation and evaluation of programs to provide/expand health services delivery based on agency strategic plan, mission, and department goals.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of providing family planning services. Excellent leadership capabilities.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans for center operations.
- Thorough knowledge of health care administrative operations and fiscal management.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving skills in the decision-making process.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to think “out of the box” to develop and opportunities for the agency.
- Ability to use various computer systems and applications including electronic practice management systems.
- Must be able to travel to any of the PPSP centers as needed; this is a position that will regularly provide center-based support and rounding at health centers.
Education, Experience, and Training
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years experience in healthcare administration required.
- At least 5 years management experience required, preferably including process improvement, leading others through change and meeting performance objectives.
- Experience in a healthcare delivery environment, preferably family planning, including operations, financial management, patient experience, quality management and risk management.
Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania (PPSP) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender and gender expression/identity, age, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, uniformed service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are fully committed to building a workplace that values racial and social justice. We strongly encourage all persons to apply, including people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community.