Health Center Manager
Mt. Auburn Health Center – Patient Services
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the health center including supervision of staff; monitoring of administrative and clinical policies and procedures; assuring compliance with quality assurance, customer service, and productivity standards; and daily oversight of financial transactions. The Health Center Manager will help build capacity, which includes improving productivity, cost effectiveness, flow, customer service, patient satisfaction, staffing levels and skills. Ensures that expense management policies and procedures are in place to support the revenue cycle.
- Establish and maintain a respectful, professional atmosphere in the health center.
- Responsible for daily supervision of health center staff, including the administrative supervision of clinicians.
- Collaborate with the Director, Clinical Services and the Vice President, Patient Services to effectively hire, orient, train, coach, and evaluate health center staff.
- Collaborate with the Director, Clinical Services to support a customer-centered service model with staff and patient schedules that will maximize access, minimize wait time, ensure efficient center flow, and meet productivity goals.
- Monitor the day-to-day health center operations to assure compliance with regulations, protocols, and quality assurance standards.
- Work with the Director of Quality Assurance and Risk Management to maintain quality assurance within the health care center.
- Consults with and promptly reports incidents to the Director, Clinical Services as appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with the Director, Clinical Services in developing the health care centers’ budget, including patient and visit projections, staffing plan, productivity goals, scope of services, outreach, and facilities upgrading.
- Responsible for daily patient fee collections, reconciliation and closing, bank deposits and submission of required reports to the finance department.
- Ensuring confidentiality of medical records and patient information within the health care center.
- Supervise or perform follow up on clients regarding, BD Affirm, IUDs, Implants, Pap Smears, Colposcopy, STI checks and Hepatitis B.
- Fully participate in all health center efforts related to patient care, customer services, productivity and clinic flow.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- College degree in health care field and experience in a healthcare setting and/or family planning clinic preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Proven leadership ability including teambuilding, staff development, motivation and clearly communicated goals/expectations.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic clerical and math skills required.
- Ability to operate a computer, keyboard and multi-key telephone.
- Able to speak and write English.
- Ability to treat patients with respect and sensitivity.
- Ability to communicate with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sensitivity in dealing with clients sexuality and reproductive healthcare choices.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays.
- Commitment to PPSWO’s mission, goals and objectives.
Approximate salary is $40,000
Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation and gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.