Director of Annual Giving and Development Services
Development - Fundraising
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN
DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 21 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
The Director of Annual Giving and Development Services is responsible for all aspects of securing annual financial support, including the development of an annual plan comprised of direct mail, mid-level giving program and event strategies, as well as management toward the goals therein. The Director also supervises a team of development services professionals, fostering the growth of best practices in supporting the areas of gift processing, data management, and donor relations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Committed to the vision and values of PPWI with demonstrated success in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with multiple constituencies including donors, volunteers, community members and staff.
- Experience creating and managing growth strategies and plans, with strong analytical skills to evaluate data, plan and make operational decisions.
- Proven relationship building and interpersonal skills, with experience planning for, managing and implementing change.
- Proven quality assurance and customer service orientation, with a continual improvement approach to leadership.
- Exceptional communications skills, adept at problem solving, with flexibility in approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to implementing best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or CFRE certification preferred.
- Five to seven years management experience, along with experience defining, designing and managing annual giving strategies and managing an annual giving budget and revenue growth strategies.
- Must have demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Proven experience managing and monitoring budgets, ensuring quality programs while controlling expenses.
- Proven project management experience including planning, delegating, monitoring, evaluating and task facilitation.
- Experience with database and data services strategies unique to the nonprofit sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- A. Development Program Planning and Implementation
- Develop an annual plan to achieve PPWI’s revenue goals for gifts below the$10,000 level.
- Determine a calendar of direct mail and electronic/phone solicitations and define messaging and segmentation strategies for each, in partnership with direct marketing vendor
- Partner with Chief Development Officer to integrate the plan into the overall activity and goals of the Development office.
- Develop and manage the annual giving budget, as part of the Department budget.
- Monitor the progress of the annual giving fundraising program and plan; prepare analysis and report revenue progress and projections regularly to Chief Development Officer.
- Oversee the creation, management and implementation strategies specific to a mid-level donor program.
- Direct and oversee PPWI’s program of direct mail and electronic solicitation, acknowledgement, cultivation and stewardship.
- Manage external vendor contracts and relationships including direct marketing vendor and other consultants to the program, as appropriate.
- Negotiate and manage relationship with PPFA national on-line fundraising program.
- Direct the extraction of data to support solicitations, leveraging segments to maximize direct mail outcomes, such as renewing donors, lapsed donors, etc.
- Measure and evaluate results of appeals, managing toward goals in the annual plan and course-correcting as appropriate.
- Design, implement and support system, standards and processes for high quality development services, train and monitor users, to ensure the:
- Efficient, timely and accurate processing of contributions received by PPWI from all constituent types.
- Generation of timely, proper acknowledgments.
- Timely and accurate update of constituent data.
- Preparation of management reports as well as monthly reconciliation reports.
- Maximize use of the Raiser’s Edge database and add enhancements as needed to meet the needs of staff.
- Manage the prospect research and prospect management functions, including oversight of prospect research activity and direct responsibility for administration of prospect management system.
- Maintain a tracking system of all prospects and donors to help organize cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
- Support gift officers as necessary to ensure their accurate input of completed and planned activity with prospects in their portfolio, as well as planned ask amounts and other data to support moves management.
- Schedule and conduct regular prospect management meetings to discuss all activities targeted towards top-rated prospects, introduce newly identified prospects, and fine tune each prospect’s moves management plan.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire train and evaluate program staff members
B. Annual Appeal Management
C. Data and Donor Stewardship
D. Staff leadership
This position requires occasional travel statewide, therefore a valid driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards is required. Must have reliable transportation.
To express your interest in the Director of Annual Giving and Development Services position and to be considered, please provide your current resume and cover letter.