Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife
Milwaukee, Wisconsin /
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN
NURSE PRACTITIONER OR CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE
**SIGN ON BONUS**
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 24 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife (40 hours/week) at our Northwest health center.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the planning and administration of quality healthcare in the reproductive and health setting. The Nurse Practitioner works in conjunction with the Center Manager to ensure that high quality care is delivered in a customer service driven environment. The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with physicians, other mid-level clinicians, and ancillary staff.
Must be committed to quality healthcare, excellent customer service and the values of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. Ability to relate to diverse communities. Must be sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences among staff and patients. Nurse Practitioner maintain professional growth and development through continuing education, including participation in conferences, workshops, and professional affiliations. Demonstrated clinical proficiency, organizational, analytical, leadership and interpersonal communication skills required. Willingness to function as a role model and educator. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with members of the health care team. Demonstrated ability to manage health-related emergency conditions including independent decision-making.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The Nurse Practitioner must have a current license as a Registered Nurse by the State of Wisconsin, and be certified by a national credentialing body as a Nurse Practitioner (e.g. NCC, ANCC). Master’s degree in nursing or related health field preferred.
Previous work experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Advance Practice Nurse, with experience in family planning, women’s health or an ob/gyn setting preferred.
Current CPR certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive standing, walking, reaching, frequent sitting, grasping manipulation of equipment, utilization of fine finger movements, occasional kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, and climbing. Requires the ability to operate medical equipment. Ability to see objects closely and discriminate colors, hear sounds with some background noise, write legibly and the ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
The position is generally performed in a medical office environment but involves frequent interruptions. The noise level is generally low to quiet. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training which will include extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Must have own reliable transportation. This position requires occasional travel statewide, therefore a valid driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards is required.
Evening and/or weekend hours may be necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assessing, planning and administering health care which is individualized to the patient and consistent with the policies and protocols of PPFA and PPWI.
- Secures a complete health history and performs physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast examination, pelvic examination, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and other types of more specialized procedures as may be indicated by medical policy.
- Performs, orders and interprets laboratory tests as appropriate.
- Provides education and appropriate management for women and men in need of reproductive related services, including fertility control, infertility, and sexually transmitted infections.
- Provides medications and contraceptive devices as needed.
- Monitors medical aspects of all medical services offered at the health center, acting as a resource to center staff and patients regarding medical concerns.
- Ensures appropriate medical follow-up on all patient testing and/or treatment, including direct patient contacts and laboratory test review.
- Participates in Agency Quality Assurance Program. Under the direction of the Quality and Risk Manager, implements overall quality assurance activities at the health center.
- Seeks consultations as necessary from affiliate staff physician or Medical Director.
- Refers patients beyond the scope of practice level of competence according to medical protocol.
- Serves as a resource and participates in the orientation and training of health center staff.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals by producing 11 RVU’s per hour.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals. (e.g. meet productivity goals, eliminate unnecessary testing, capture activity accurately)
- Create & maintain medical documentation in an EHR system in compliance with EHR policies and procedures.
- Adhere to affiliate goals, policies and standards of conduct in terms of professionalism. Assist center staff in achieving 60 minute visits as well as answering phones professionally.
- Familiar with clinic emergency procedures and responds appropriately.
- Assists the Center Manager in preparing medical occurrence reports.
- Attends agency sponsored staff meetings, medical in-services and trainings.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with OSHA, CLIA and State procedures, policies and regulations.
- Presents at community events, when necessary, on reproductive health care.
- Assists CenterManager in daily cash reconciliation procedures, if necessary.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.