Development - Fundraising
The Events Manager manages and implements the strategy, planning and execution of PPWI’s annual signature events and a diverse array and size of other cultivation, fundraising and stewardship events around the state focused on strengthening relationships with PPWI’s statewide annual, major and principal donors and community members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- A. Develop and manage agency events strategy and determine fundraising and cultivation/stewardship goals for all events, work with Development team to ensure events align with, support and further develop department and portfolio strategies.
- Manage contracts and consultants/vendors, and hire/recruit speakers and performers, serving as their point of contact.
- Manage, plan and facilitate all event planning and logistic schedules.
- Venue selection, sponsorship strategies and recognition, in-kind donations, room layout, program development, licensing and permits.
- Work with philanthropy officers to recruit, train and manage volunteers and staff for special events.
- Manage event planning committees; schedule and attend meetings, cultivates, stewards and recognizes committee members.
- Create production schedule and design of collateral materials with feedback of Chief Branding Officer, developing a publicity strategy and distribution schedule.
- Manage run of show and programming during events, serving as stage manager.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop programming and talking points for speakers.
- Participate in review of events for continual improvement.
- Create event ticket pricing structures, manage RSVPs, registration, name tags, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Support team to create seating/table arrangements.
B. Develop annual strategies, including events calendar and budget, revenue goals and ROI.
C. Serve as primary contract for donors on matters related to events, managing complaints, questions and unique requests.
D. Partner with appropriate philanthropy officer to support and manage volunteer host experience and success.
E. Manage the production and event logistics of all events, incorporating creative direction from the Chief Branding and Principal Gifts Officer and consultants as appropriate.
F. Develop and oversee procedures to ensure recordkeeping, acknowledgment and follow- up on all event giving.
G. Stay abreast of trends, venues, vendors and technologies related to special events.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Committed to the vision and values of PPWI with demonstrated success in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with multiple constituencies including donors, volunteers, community members and staff.
- Very detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple events simultaneously.
- Experience working under pressure, remaining calm and effective, anticipating problems and identifying solutions.
- Proven interpersonal and judgement skills managing a variety of constituencies, including vendors, donors, volunteers and staff.
- Excel in collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Proven relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated success in external relationship management, sponsorship solicitation strategies and volunteer training and coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years event planning and coordination at various scale required, including experience in managing tabled events with 200+ people.
- Experience in event module of relationship database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
Guidelines for Applicants
To express your interest in the Events Manager position and to be considered, please provide your current resume and cover letter on our careers page.
* Application deadline: May 17, 2019
-References will not be contacted until a candidate has been notified.
·Background checks will subsequently be performed, with candidate permission, and are required to be hired for this position.
· All inquiries and interactions with potential candidates are kept in confidence.
PPWI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.