Public Relations Manager
Administration – Public Relations
Planned Parenthood Western Pennsylvania (PPWP) is the local affiliate of the country’s leading sexual and reproductive health care advocate and provider. PPWP operates six health centers located in Allegheny, Westmoreland, Cambria and Somerset Counties and provides education and advocacy services throughout western Pennsylvania.
I. Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
a. Media and Communications:
-Develop content for PPWP’s communication program that works to engage PPWP stakeholders through emails, social media channels, and printed material.
-Field media inquiries and coordinate responses to media requests based on the expertise required and the type of request.
-Serve as one of the spokespersons of the agency.
-Maintain and develop relationships with media contacts. Prepare and send press releases and follow-up with contacts as appropriate.
-Work with the state media consultant to develop a strategic responses to issues.
-Maintain information related to issues impacting reproductive health care access on agency website.
-Prepare earned media report.
b. Legislator Contact
-Educate legislators in our service area about PPWP’s services and mission.
-Work collaboratively with state pubic affairs staff to communicate and establish effective working relationships with legislators.
c. Community Engagement :
-Develop engagement and awareness events, site visits, press conferences and rallies to educate the community about PPWP and reproductive health care issues.
-Serve, as needed, as the agency liason with state grassroots organizers.
-Serve, as needed, on local coalitions that are strategic partners for Planned Parenthood.
-Provide support for advocacy activities which include phone banks, canvases and the Health Center Advocacy Program.
-Represent PPWP at outreach events and programs.
-Supervise the volunteer coordinator and set goals for the volunteer program.
-Provide input into the strategic planning process at PPWP.
-Maintain records of all time spent working state activities.
e.State Office Representation
- Participate in the work of Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates.
- Assist with the implementation of the statewide public policy plan in western PA.
- Provide leadership and manage activities related to the PPPA Action Committee in western PA.
- Complete responsibilities in the job description and achieve individual performance goals.
- Positively represent PPWP to the community.
- Maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with your supervisor and work collaboratively with other staff members, board, and volunteers.
- Provide leadership and adequate supervision to staff.
- Work collaboratively with diverse staff and demonstrate a commitment to diversity goals.
Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPWP is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.