Junior Full-Stack Developer - Service and Quality
Product + Engineering /
Hi! We're a veteran product team, executing on a mission to use modern software practices to improve the lives of millions of people.
Our customers at Practice are service providers. Accordingly, we want to provide them with incredible service. The Full-stack Service and Quality developer will support this, both on the front lines and in the back office.
In the first six months
- you'll ship dozens (hundreds?) of small improvements to our product
- you'll correspond every day with multiple customers, helping to solve their specific problems and make the software better
- you'll contribute to and shape the product backlog
- you'll implement a system that allows us to continuously measure our service quality quantitatively
- you'll build back-office tools that make your own work easier, and pave the way for a future non-technical team of support providers
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English; you may have completed a liberal arts degree before becoming a developer
- you live in the Americas; this is a role with well-defined hours of work to be on call to communicate with customers
- deep curiosity about user experience and what makes a product successful
- experience with the github pull request workflow
- impressive technical appetite; our stack is next.js / vercel / firebase; current APIs include Stripe / Google Calendar / Zoom / Segment / Sentry
Other Important Details
- We have a very international team, and we actively seek to increase our diversity. We particularly welcome applications from women, and from black and minority ethnic candidates.
- As an early employee with a team of repeat founders, you will have a front-row seat to watch how it can be done. Our team is outstanding, and over the next few years you will have the opportunity to level yourself up multiple times.
- Design and usability are strategically important to us. You'll be working closely with a world-class design team. We hope you have an opinion.
- We're intensely product-focused. We hope that what we make is beautiful, but we're not building software for the sake of beautiful software. We're building a system that will improve the lives of millions of people.