Head of Finance
We are looking for a seasoned finance professional to join us as we continue to scale our team. You will be responsible for leading and growing the finance function as we continue to grow. This role will report directly to the CEO/Co-founder to build a best of class, data-driven finance organization that fuels Practifi’s continued growth. You will be the point person on financial planning & analysis, reporting to the board and contributing in just about every aspect of our day-to-day finance & business operations.
- You will own all aspects of our accounting and finance operations. You’ll oversee all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and reporting.
- Using accepted SaaS metrics, you will forecast, model, and analyze the company's financial results with respect to revenue, expenses, margin and compliance with budgets.
- You will maintain and enhance all necessary accounting policies and systems.
- You’ll ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- You will assist senior management with financial planning, risk and results management.
- You’ll work with other executives to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking them.
- You’ll coordinate, prepare, and review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- You’ll coordinate tax schedules, returns and annual audits across both Australia and the US.
- You’ll manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal and state taxes in the US and work closely with our vendors in Australia to do the same there.
- You’ll participate as a key member of the leadership team in all company decision-making and execution. You’ll effectively work with all other areas of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- 3+ years leading finance organizations through rapid growth.
- Extensive experience working in a start-up environment with a B2B SaaS-based model.
- Recent experience successfully scaling a finance operation to at least $20 million in annual recurring revenues.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills and a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Practifi is a fun and hugely dynamic environment with an awesome culture and a fast pace. We have a lovely office in Chicago. If you’re ready to push hard into the next big phase of your career, talk to us!
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Practifi’s Chicago, IL office.
Practifi’s success depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds.