Product Quality Assurance & Release Manager
Product & Technology
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance & Release Manager to join our very talented Product team in Sydney, Australia. Reporting to the Head of Product, this is a highly commercial role where your success is measured in speed to market and the quality of the client experience. Practifi pushes the envelope of the Salesforce platform and this role is at the leading edge of continuous integration, automated QA and deployment, with Salesforce DX at the core. You’ll need to bring a big vision and a passion for awesome product delivery.
What you’ll do as Quality Assurance & Release Manager at Practifi:
- Design, implement and constantly improve a best-in-class approach to product quality assurance, automated testing, configuration control and release management, based on proven tools and techniques from the SaaS industry and related fields.
- Manage QA analysts and test automation engineers, guiding them to test new features and regression test cases, including component-level, UI and API test suites, and deliver with quality and on time to deployment.
- Manage devops engineers and packaging/release specialists to implement and automate processes and tools for source control, versioning & branching, configuration & environment management, and packaging & deployment.
- Collaborate with product managers on sprint planning. Ensure sprint plans align with the release cycle and meet strict quality standards.
- Define, maintain and audit standards for coding, naming conventions and unit testing with product squads.
- Collaborate with QA teams in Client Success and Professional Services to ensure common standards and processes for QA across the company.
- Identify quality and release management risks as they emerge from client feedback, industry trends, regulatory changes, technical dependencies and from team member suggestions. Collaborate with product managers to ensure high-risk items are prioritised and addressed early.
- Generate, monitor and constantly improve a set of success metrics for product QA and release management.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a QA and release management team, and working with product development teams using agile development methods.
- A background in quality assurance and release management in SaaS, ideally on the Salesforce platform.
- Degree-level qualifications in information technology or a related field.
- Experience in contemporary CI, test automation and release management tools.
- Technical expertise in the Salesforce platform, perhaps with one or more certifications.
- Ideally, some experience in the financial services industry, in financial advice or superannuation.
- An enthusiasm to work in an international business and to travel several times a year to the United States to meet with our Chicago team and attend industry events.
- A ton of passion for the work you do and for delivering killer apps that excite customers.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Practifi is a fun and hugely dynamic environment with an awesome culture and a fast pace. We have a lovely office in Sydney’s CBD with snacks, bike storage, change rooms, a guitar and table tennis.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Practifi’s Sydney, Australia office. It’s offered under a common-law employment agreement with the accompanying employee protections.
Practifi’s success depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds.