VP of Sales
Chicago, IL /
We are looking for a seasoned sales professional to join our continued growth journey as VP of Sales in our global Go-To- Market team, based from our Chicago, IL office.
This is an exceptional opportunity to build a high-performing team and define every aspect of the sales function, from culture to strategy and ultimately to plan execution. You will create a revenue engine to maintain our >100% YoY growth trajectory. Building from a strong ARR base and armed with a recent Series B raise, you’ll be a high impact SaaS sales leader with a proven record delivering against quota.
Your history of recruiting and building a team of sales professionals spanning inbound, outbound and channel strategies in a fast-paced, high intensity team environment will be second to none.
Reporting directly to a founder, this is an opportunity to demonstrate your expertise in strategy formulation, people leadership and target attainment.
- Create a culture of over performance through team development
- Formulate and execute a strategy to maximize profitable growth
- Hire and train a team of sales reps, leading by example as a player/coach
- Allocate quota across account executives and sales development representatives
- Engage with senior stakeholders – Board, Founders, Senior Leaders
- Drive pipeline and performance reporting (actual & forecast)
- Manage budgets, HR processes and team development
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive program
- Ensure adherence to company policies across the team
- Provide inspirational leadership and engage ‘hands-on’ where required
- Assist the CCO with company-wide strategy development
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships
- Established track record of building sales strategies in high-growth environments
- Proven history of growing profitable through a channel relationship model
- Successful experience recruiting/building a team and holding individuals accountable for performance
- Smart, ambitious and motivated self-starter that doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Strong team spirit and able to work effectively in collaboration with others
- Strong leadership skills; able to lead, develop and manage a large team of people in a high-intensity environment
- Keen strategic and commercial instincts and able to actively contribute to the company strategy
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and track record of closing high-dollar deals
- Hungry to support/drive sales efforts and get help get deals over the line
- Experience in a B2B SaaS software sales leadership role a must
- Strong understanding of the broader financial services market and, with experience in wealth management/financial planning software preferable
- Minimum of ten years sales leadership experience required