Head of Membership
New York, New York, United States /
Praxis is seeking world-class talent to build the city of the future.
Today, new technology is giving us the opportunity to build better cities founded on shared values and community. In the 20th Century, cities were organized around labor markets. Now, we can work from our computers from anywhere. With this new freedom, we can leave work-centric cities and live with people who share our values. Praxis is leading this movement by building a new city organized around the value of vitality, to enable people to live healthier, more purposeful lives. We are supported on this mission by investors including Paradigm, Bedrock Capital, Fred Ersham, Joe Lonsdale, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Apollo Projects (Sam and Max Altman), Alameda Research (Sam Bankman-Fried), Balaji Srinivasan, Robot Ventures, and more.
We prioritize discovering top talent and cultivating a meritocratic culture because we believe hard work and earned skill are keys to success. If you want to tackle hard problems, work with amazing people, and build a better future for humanity by building new cities, consider joining us. Learn more.
The Membership Department selects the citizens of the city, one of the most important functions at Praxis. Your role will oversee the strategy and implementation of our business’s consumer prospecting strategy, working closely with our Head of Community and Admissions team in a rapidly growing environment.
- Work in a rapidly growing environment focused on large-scale B2C customer acquisition
- Lead growth strategies for both paid and organic acquisitions, including but not limited to direct sales, telesales, content marketing, performance marketing, and word of mouth generation
- Build 1 on 1 relationships with high-priority customers to solicit feedback and maximize satisfaction, NPS, and rates of engagement
- Research and understand evolving social dynamics concerning the utility and status of being part of the Praxis Member environment
- Close consideration of culture internally and for our Member community
- Minimum of 2 years working in B2C growth teams
- ~3-6 years work experience in a venture backed startup environment, ideally Seed - Series B
- Experience managing direct reports, ideally on both the sales and marketing side of a business
- Metrics driven mindset
Praxis Team Benefits (for U.S. based employees) include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; monthly wellness stipend, and potential relocation support.