Full Stack Software Engineer
New York, New York, United States /
Praxis is seeking world-class talent to build the city of the future.
Today, new technology is giving us the opportunity to build better cities founded on shared values and community. In the 20th Century, cities were organized around labor markets. Now, we can work from our computers from anywhere. With this new freedom, we can leave work-centric cities and live with people who share our values. Praxis is leading this movement by building a new city organized around the value of vitality, to enable people to live healthier, more purposeful lives. We are supported on this mission by investors including Paradigm, Bedrock Capital, Fred Ersham, Joe Lonsdale, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Apollo Projects (Sam and Max Altman), Alameda Research (Sam Bankman-Fried), Three Arrows Capital, Balaji Srinivasan, Robot Ventures, and more.
We prioritize discovering top talent and cultivating a meritocratic culture because we believe hard work and earned skill are keys to success. If you want to tackle hard problems, work with amazing people, and build a better future for humanity by building new cities, consider joining us. Learn more.
The Engineering Department creates virtual environments that connect members and applicants who intend to move to Praxis’ city. Your role will be to build the software layer of our new city. In the near term, this includes a suite of applications including a digitally-native home for the community, human capital driven investment software, and special projects.
- Build new features that improve the center of our membership experience, the community portal
- Lead the development of a V2 portal
- Own the creation of new platforms, tools, and infrastructure
- Shape standards of development by leading code reviews and participating in platform architecture
- Work with the founders to build out the Praxis Engineering Department and raise the bar with each hire
- Enhance the user experience and functionality of externally-facing Praxis website
- Alignment with the Praxis mission and vision
- A track record of building robust products and leading high-performing engineering teams
- The ability to work autonomously and navigate ambiguity
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across various teams
- An obsession with continuous product iteration and the ability to prioritize shipping across a set of small, medium, and large releases
Praxis Team Benefits (for U.S. based employees) include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; monthly wellness stipend, and potential relocation support.