Head of Real Estate
New York, New York, United States /
Real Estate /
Praxis is seeking world-class talent to build the city of the future.
Today, new technology is giving us the opportunity to build better cities founded on shared values and community. In the 20th Century, cities were organized around labor markets. Now, we can work from our computers from anywhere. With this new freedom, we can leave work-centric cities and live with people who share our values. Praxis is leading this movement by building a new city organized around the value of vitality, to enable people to live healthier, more purposeful lives. We are supported on this mission by investors including Paradigm, Bedrock Capital, Fred Ersham, Joe Lonsdale, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Apollo Projects (Sam and Max Altman), Alameda Research (Sam Bankman-Fried), Three Arrows Capital, Balaji Srinivasan, Robot Ventures, and more.
We prioritize discovering top talent and cultivating a meritocratic culture because we believe hard work and earned skill are keys to success. If you want to tackle hard problems, work with amazing people, and build a better future for humanity by building new cities, consider joining us. Learn more.
Praxis is taking a new approach to large-scale real estate development: demand first. We built a global community of pioneers to settle a new city on the Mediterranean coast, and we are seeking an ambitious, experienced real estate professional to lead the development project from inception. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of building complex master-planned development projects, is open to unconventional thinking, and is willing to solve seemingly impossible problems.
The selected candidate will be a member of the senior executive team of Praxis and report directly to our founders, and will have the ability to build out and manage a world-class real estate team to undertake a project of historical scale and scope.
- Assist founders in building a world-class city team
- Guide site-selection process alongside acquisitions lead and governance team
- Work with the city product team to recommend strategic direction for project programming, mix, and target markets.
- Create a strategy, schedule, and financial model for the development project
- Ensure all necessary due diligence is completed in a timely manner to support project entitlements and development.
- Develop a strategy for sourcing and pitching development partners
- Develop a regional pipeline of third-party service providers (contractors, surveyors, etc.).
- Prepare RfPs for development partners and third party service providers, review and assess proposals received, and provide selection recommendations for joint final decision by the senior executive team
- Assist CEO and other senior executives with planning project fundraising
- Assist governance team in creating the ideal regulatory environment for construction
- Develop real estate business model
- Alignment with the Praxis mission and vision
- Experience leading mixed-use development projects from conceptualization to delivery
- Able to meet deadlines and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel and spend considerable time in the Mediterranean
- Deep understanding of construction cost inputs and modeling
- Strong management and team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form new relationships quickly
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Nice to Haves
- You possess a global network of real estate professionals
- Experience interfacing with government officials and regulators
- Experience working on projects in European markets
Praxis Team Benefits (for U.S. based employees) include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; monthly wellness stipend, and potential relocation support.