New York, New York, United States /
Real Estate /
Praxis is seeking world-class talent to build the city of the future.
Today, new technology is giving us the opportunity to build better cities founded on shared values and community. In the 20th Century, cities were organized around labor markets. Now, we can work from our computers from anywhere. With this new freedom, we can leave work-centric cities and live with people who share our values. Praxis is leading this movement by building a new city organized around the value of vitality, to enable people to live healthier, more purposeful lives. We are supported on this mission by investors including Paradigm, Bedrock Capital, Fred Ersham, Joe Lonsdale, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Apollo Projects (Sam and Max Altman), Alameda Research (Sam Bankman-Fried), Three Arrows Capital, Balaji Srinivasan, Robot Ventures, and more.
We prioritize discovering top talent and cultivating a meritocratic culture because we believe hard work and earned skill are keys to success. If you want to tackle hard problems, work with amazing people, and build a better future for humanity by building new cities, consider joining us. Learn more.
The Acquisitions Lead will be responsible for running a complex, large-scale land acquisition process in coordination with our finance and political teams. This individual will be involved in all aspects of investment activity, including: underwriting and financial modeling; deal structuring; coordinating due diligence; supporting financings; negotiating terms’ and taking deals through required approval processes.
The selected candidate will report to the Head of Real Estate, and will work closely with the founders and other senior leadership team members, including Praxis’ Chief Advisor.
- Strategically identify and track potential site acquisition opportunities.
- Develop an assessment framework and a checklist to be applied to acquisition opportunities.
- Conduct assessment of acquisition opportunities, developing comprehensive perspectives with clear recommendations as well as systematic strengths/weaknesses profiles
- Develop prioritization/rankings of various opportunities, and support the selection decision making process
- Source, identify, negotiate, underwrite and close land acquisitions in coordination with our finance and political teams.
- Develop and maintain market trends for our target countries, including identifying and building relationships with key local stakeholders.
- Assist in investment approval process alongside CFO and founders
- Support the Head of Real Estate in team building and stakeholder coordination
- Alignment with the Praxis mission and vision
- Deep experience in an analytically rigorous Real Estate role
- Exceptional analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Willingness to travel and spend considerable time in the Mediterranean
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with stakeholders in target countries to source acquisition opportunities.
- Strong problem solving/creative thinking skills.
Praxis Team Benefits (for U.S. based employees) include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; monthly wellness stipend, and potential relocation support.