New York, New York, United States /
Praxis is seeking world-class talent to build the city of the future.
Today, new technology is giving us the opportunity to build better cities founded on shared values and community. In the 20th Century, cities were organized around labor markets. Now, we can work from our computers from anywhere. With this new freedom, we can leave work-centric cities and live with people who share our values. Praxis is leading this movement by building a new city organized around the value of vitality, to enable people to live healthier, more purposeful lives. We are supported on this mission by investors including Paradigm, Bedrock Capital, Fred Ersham, Joe Lonsdale, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Apollo Projects (Sam and Max Altman), Alameda Research (Sam Bankman-Fried), Three Arrows Capital, Balaji Srinivasan, Robot Ventures, and more.
We prioritize discovering top talent and cultivating a meritocratic culture because we believe hard work and earned skill are keys to success. If you want to tackle hard problems, work with amazing people, and build a better future for humanity by building new cities, consider joining us. Learn more.
The Finance Department is paving the way for the economic viability of the city by challenging conventional wisdom of what is possible with decentralized finance. Your role will create new in-house blockchain/crypto projects and protocols that will be the financial backbone of the city.
- Support Director of Finance's work on in-house crypto projects
- Research and share briefings on markets and significant events pertaining to the crypto space
- Conduct research analysis on blockchain systems, tokenization, CBDC, and inter-blockchain interoperability
- Conduct performance, scalability, security, and reliability studies in concept and production systems
- Author technical documents, white papers, and patents
- Alignment with the Praxis mission and vision
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or another highly quantitative field
- Strong Machine Learning background
- Strong programming skills, specifically languages such as Python, SQL, C++, Java, and R; smart contract experience in languages such as Rust and Solidity is a plus
- Quantitative modeling experience
- Understanding and experience trading various cryptocurrencies, and knowledgeable about various protocols and technologies
Praxis Team Benefits (for U.S. based employees) include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; monthly wellness stipend, and potential relocation support.