Head of Growth
New York, New York, United States /
Praxis is seeking world-class talent to build the city of the future.
Today, new technology is giving us the opportunity to build better cities founded on shared values and community. In the 20th Century, cities were organized around labor markets. Now, we can work from our computers from anywhere. With this new freedom, we can leave work-centric cities and live with people who share our values. Praxis is leading this movement by building a new city organized around the value of vitality, to enable people to live healthier, more purposeful lives. We are supported on this mission by investors including Paradigm, Bedrock Capital, Fred Ersham, Joe Lonsdale, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Apollo Projects (Sam and Max Altman), Alameda Research (Sam Bankman-Fried), Three Arrows Capital, Balaji Srinivasan, Robot Ventures, and more.
We prioritize discovering top talent and cultivating a meritocratic culture because we believe hard work and earned skill are keys to success. If you want to tackle hard problems, work with amazing people, and build a better future for humanity by building new cities, consider joining us. Learn more.
The Head of Growth will be responsible for the direction and execution of our Membership strategy with the ultimate goal of converting Members to city residents. This person will work alongside the Head of Membership to further develop and optimize the Membership journey, and with the Head of Marketing to ensure we are attracting world-class people to Praxis. Collaboration is a core component of this role. The ideal candidate for this role is willing to take on big challenges in a dynamic environment and brings strong leadership, strategic thinking, and a passion for excellence to our team.
- Concept and implement a community strategy with the goal of increasing the likelihood that Members become city residents.
- Execute on various strategies and new initiatives developed by our leadership team
- Hire and manage a world-class growth team
- Educate all growth and membership team members on process updates
- Ensure Member feedback and analytics gets communicated to senior leadership at a regular cadence
- Develop and maintain the programming and events budget and ensure consistent reporting to our finance and accounting teams.
- Alignment with the Praxis mission and vision
- Operational leadership experience in large, high-performance organizations including military and hyper growth startups
- Intense discipline and ability to ruthlessly prioritize
- Ability to think deeply about creating, scaling and operationalizing community
- You move faster than is comfortable and raise the bar for speed of results
- You have high standards for efficacy, efficiency, and aesthetics for yourself and for others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Praxis Team Benefits (for U.S. based employees) include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; monthly wellness stipend, and potential relocation support.