Principal Software Engineer - Modern POS Platform
Los Altos, California /
Store & Consumer Apps /
PredictSpring is the leading Modern POS platform to power Full POS, mPOS, Endless Aisle, Fulfillment, Inventory Management, and Clienteling. Designed exclusively for brands and retailers, its innovative technology powers Modern POS and store associate apps enabling retailers to create fully on-brand, customized experiences. Founded by the team behind Google Shopping, PredictSpring powers next generation in-store technology for some of the world’s leading brands including Steve Madden, Deciem, Suitsupply, Sandro, Maje, HD Buttercup, Mark Anthony Group and more.
As Principal Software Engineer, you will design and develop our Mobile POS platform that serves world's leading brands and retailers for their in-store POS app. You will play an integral role in shaping the direction of our product and bringing new features to market.
- This is a hands-on role as a technical leader with responsibilities ranging from solving technical problems, working closely with the product and business team to define our customer solutions and approaches.
- Responsible for consistently delivering high-quality mobile experience to the stores, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders to independently design and implement complex, business-critical systems. Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end solutions with a focus on user needs and engineering/operational/business goals.
- Display a passion for continuous learning, and for experimenting and applying cutting edge technology, software paradigms and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team
- Mentor other developers using expertise in software development methodology and frameworks, in areas such as iOS, Swift, and Robustness. Primary focus is on results with logical and practical approaches.
Skills and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering with 10 years or equivalent experience
- Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt quickly
- Advanced-level of experience as a hands-on iOS/Swift Software Engineer
- Broad knowledge of iOS, Swift, Mobile programming, and mobile architectures
- Experience with UX and advanced iOS frameworks
- Experience with Mobile Automation Testing Architectures.
- Strong experience and knowledge with iOS, Swift, and Mobile Application life cycle
- Good communications and documentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Self Driven and self motivated to deliver more with minimal input
Nice to Have
- Experience working on Retail POS platforms and solutions.
- Experience working on eCommerce platforms and solutions.
- Experience working with Android
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Strong equity / employee stock option package
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and company holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- Participation in 401(k) plan with Vanguard