Big Data Engineer
Budapest / Debrecen /
Do you love working with numbers? Are you passionate about analyzing and visualizing large amounts of data? Are you interested in processing, storing, and retrieving this valuable data to help improve the quality of search solutions at a fast growing tech startup?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, don’t hesitate to send us your CV! We are looking for a senior or mid-level Big Data Engineer to join our team at Prefixbox!
About the job:
We’ve built and are continuing to develop our own analytics platform. Our platform is similar to Google Analytics but focused on eCommerce search and the product discovery behavior of each website’s visitors. We measure what shoppers search for, what products they click on, what they buy, etc., and present the data on an easy-to-understand visual dashboard used by many eCommerce professionals.
We collect more than 100GB of raw data per day from more than 60 retailer websites in over nine countries (including the largest eCommerce websites in Europe). The amount of data we collect has increased by 300% over the past year and will continue to increase as we continue to grow
The data is essential for us understand search users and thus helps us continuously improve our product. As a result of analyzing collected data, we have developed new features that increase user experience (and boost sales) by helping shoppers find what they’re looking to buy.
We are processing and handling an ever-increasing amount of data. We must continuously manage this large amount of data so that it is easy to assess and use in providing meaningful insights.
- Log and process user behavior data
- Develop new KPIs and metrics based on customer needs
- Come up with new metrics ideas
- Mine data sets that are used by developers to improve search relevance
- Measure the effectiveness of different product features
- Automate analytic calculations
- Data visualization
Technology you will use
- MS SQL
- Azure Data Factory
- .NET (optional)
- Use of SQL at a proficient level
- 2+ years of experience in a similar field or backend development
- Knowledge of OOP programming paradigms
- Knowledge of C# or Java
- Strong analytical attitude
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to communicate in English
- Experience in developing cloud-based solutions (Azure)
- Performance-related annual bonus and yearly salary increases
- Participate in the design and development of a distributed, scalable, high-availability system
- Rapid development cycles, 1-2 releases per week
- A company culture with a supportive team, positive and open communication, and room for personal initiative and growth
- High degree of transparency and flexibility from managers
- An opportunity to learn about the national and international e-commerce market
- An international working environment where you can improve your language skills
- Frequent in-house trainings, to continuously expand your knowledge
- Team building programs to get to know your colleagues and have fun
- Coffee, tea, fruit, and beer in the office
- Company laptop
- Home office possibility
Prefixbox is an innovative, rapidly growing startup with a leading site search solution that has drastically improved search efficiency, conversions and sales for a wide range of global retailers.
We work with over 60+ retailers worldwide and constantly strive to provide our customers with cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions. We take pride in finding ways to meet each client's specific needs and build off these strong customer relationships to ensure we are always offering the best eCommerce Search Solution.
As we continue to expand internationally, we are looking for self-starting candidates eager to be part of an ambitious, collaborative and supportive team. If this is you, we would love to hear from you!