Director of Marketing
San Francisco /
With a distributed world and the removal of in-person interactions, there's now an extra layer of visibility needed in projects for teammate assistance, coordination and overall collaboration. Unfortunately, with multiple deliverables falling through the cracks, this is quite noticeable for revenue driving teams managing multi million dollar deals. Prelay is disrupting the way teams work together to drive revenue. Teams, individuals involved in both software evaluations and implementations work together within Prelay for hours in their day to move large revenue opportunities forward. We're at an exciting time in our company's journey and looking for people who want to navigate the market with our team.
We're backed by investors including top-tier funds and executives from Box, Dropbox, Palantir, SAP, Microsoft, and Y Combinator. Our team is made up of passionate, motivated, curious individuals coming from fast-growth organizations like Google, Heap and world renowned academic institutions like Harvard, Duke, Carnegie Mellon, The University of Michigan - Ross School of Business.
We're looking for a leader to drive our marketing efforts. As an early marketing hire, you’ll be scaling a company from the ground up and driving direct impact on our company growth. This is a rare opportunity to help define and execute on core company marketing strategies and build drivers for consistent growth patterns. You will develop, lead and execute Prelay’s marketing and communications strategy and ensure a strong presence in the market. You’ll be reporting to and working directly with the CEO.
What you'll do:
- Provide vision, direction, and leadership of Prelay’s marketing, meanwhile rolling up sleeves to drive high conversion leads for Prelay
- Refine and evolve comprehensive marketing plan, roadmap, and work closely with agencies, events, sponsorships and various consultants to manage and deliver on marketing goals and tactics
- Manage the corporate website and social media, in close collaboration with the internal team and external consultants
- Work closely with sales to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage marketing budget thoughtfully based on high-converting channels
- Majority of the role will be defining and building the complete funnel growth strategy playbook from lead generation to retention & renewals.
- Define, test, and produce high-conversion leads within the most optimal Prelay lead sources for now (short tail) and build for the future (long tail)
- Drive high velocity tests for frequent learnings
- Surpass demand generation growth goals each month to provide strong key persona focused leads to our Sales team
- Leverage tools like email marketing tools, SEO tools, Google Analytics, CRM, and others you deem critical in the Marketing funnel
- Pinpoint potential new growth motion opportunities alongside of the CEO
- Assist with building Prelay’s core culture and team
As an early marketing hire, we’re looking for people who are eager to exceed these expectations:
- 8+ years experience in B2B SaaS
- Surpasses (well-defined) MQL goals each month to start
- Proven ability to define and prioritize most impactful strategies, then execute
- Uniquely able to write compelling copy, facilitate technical growth methods and analyze trends
- Impressive strategic and creative thinking throughout complex problems
- Embraces and thrives under ambiguity - we’re a small startup after all!
- Intellectual curiosity, high ambition, growth & owner mindset
- Great to have: experience at an early stage startup