Head of Customer Success
San Francisco /
Customer Success /
With a distributed world and the removal of in-person interactions, there's now an extra layer of visibility needed in projects for teammate assistance, coordination and overall collaboration. Unfortunately, with multiple deliverables falling through the cracks, this is quite noticeable for revenue-driving teams managing multi-million dollar deals. Prelay is disrupting the way teams work together to drive revenue. Teams, individuals involved in both software evaluations and implementations work together within Prelay to move large revenue opportunities forward. We're at an exciting time in our company's journey and looking for people who want to navigate the market with our team.
We're backed by investors including top-tier funds like Y Combinator, SV Angel, and Liquid2 Ventures, as well as executives from Box, Dropbox, Palantir, SAP, and Microsoft. Our team is made up of passionate, motivated, curious individuals coming from innovative companies like Google, LinkedIn, Nextdoor and Heap.
We are looking for a Head of Customer Success to deliver transformational leadership and help build out Prelay's customer success team. This is a rare opportunity to build drivers for excellent execution, scale long-term strategy and grow a company from its early stages. You’ll be reporting to the CEO.
What you’ll do
- Create and execute processes to ensure the teams are working according to well-planned strategies and objectives
- Deliver transformational leadership so that the team is highly motivated and engaged
- Expand our revenue in enterprise accounts
- Be the “eyes and ears” of our enterprise customers to understand how they’re using the product, what they like/dislike, and how to help them become successful.
- Define, monitor, and ensure the achievement of Success Milestones with customers;
- Understand clients’ objectives and deliver solutions to help them achieve them throughout the onboarding process and beyond by developing client-specific growth strategies;
- Educate, engage and build relationships with current customers to make sure they are getting the most out of Prelay;
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering to ensure all customer requirements are scoped and delivered; hold stakeholders accountable for execution in an agreed-upon timeline;
- Renew, expand and renegotiate contracts on an annual basis;
- Help to drive deeper and wider into the account – identifying requirements for additional resources from other departments within the customer, customer alternatives, and potential internal sponsors;
- Recruit and develop a high performing customer success team over time
We’re looking for people who are eager to exceed these expectations:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience at an Enterprise SaaS provider as a top performer
- > 3 years experience leading customer success managers or account management for a technical product
- Team management experience
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Impressive strategic thinking throughout complex problems
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Embraces and thrives under ambiguity - we’re a small startup after all!
- Intellectual curiosity, high ambition, growth mindset
- Proven track record of proactively taking initiative to identify & solve problems with autonomy and confidence