Purchasing Specialist - 230
Nashville, TN /
Corporate Services /
PREMIER is growing and currently hiring a Purchasing Specialist to join our talented team in Nashville, TN!
Why Work at PREMIER?
Do you want to work for a company that operates on strong values and ethics? A company large enough to have challenging projects while being small enough for you to make a big impact? A 100% Employee Owned company with a professional workforce focused on improving each day? Then PREMIER is the opportunity you've been waiting for.
In addition to a great environment and challenging work, PREMIER offers a strong total compensation package including profit sharing, annual employee stock allocation for all eligible employees, 401k with match, and standard benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
· Take a look at our compensation and benefits package
· We are a 100% Employee Owned ESOP Company
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as equipment, tools, parts, and supplies. Serves as the prime interface between requestors and vendors. Previous experience purchasing in electrical, industrial or system integration setting strongly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Quoting, Estimating, & Purchasing
- Processes RFPs & RFQ’s submitted by others and assists in securing quotes from vendors.
- Responsible for confirming item availability and delivery schedule meet project requirements.
- Expediting: Contacts vendors and tracks shipments to ensure timely delivery. Works closely with individuals placing orders to ensure delivery expectations are met.
- Defective Parts/Returns/Credits: Evaluates defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action. Confers with vendors regarding returns or credit memos and properly returns items to vendors for credit or exchange.
- Assists with job set-up as needed.
Accounting Functions to Support Purchasing
- Sets up new vendors and maintains vendor list in the accounting software.
- Ensures procurement; generates accurate and timely purchase orders.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, and product quality or performance. Analyzes purchasing trends and recommends process efficiencies. Reports purchasing activities to Senior Management.
- Receiving: Enters items received into the accounting and/or inventory management system.
- Enters pull sheets into the inventory management system and reviews stock before placing orders. Performs inventory system maintenance in the areas of vendor Lead time, standard and discount pricing, and stocking agreements. Assist in management of excess and obsolete material as well as annual physical inventory.
- Project Accounts Payable: Reviews items being invoiced and enters vendor invoices into the accounting system for project-related purchases. Ensures accuracy of freight charges and discounts. Resolves invoice discrepancies.
- Establishes and maintains personal relationships with other leaders of the organization.
- Promotes workplace safety and ensures safety standards are being utilized.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED and at least two years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience purchasing in electrical, industrial or system integration setting strongly preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; especially MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience with inventory, accounting, or purchasing systems is a plus.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English. Must have ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write concise correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to handle or feel or use objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk, see, and hear.
- The work environment for this job is a combination of office and industrial setting with little exposure to weather.
PREMIER System Integrators is an Equal Opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, sexuality, transgender status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting our HR department at 713-355-7202.