DevOps/SRE/AWS Cloud Engineer
Kyiv Region, Ukraine /
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 200+ employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world
Are you a passionate, talented DevOps/SRE/AWS Cloud Engineer that thrives in a fast-paced, rapid-growth, large-scale environment? If so, Preply may be the place for you. Here at Preply, we keep it simple: hire smart people who get things done. You will work with a passionate team of engineers who are constantly learning from one another and are focused on developing their core skill sets, all while getting to work with the most advanced technologies.
As DevOps/SRE/AWS Cloud Engineer , you will:
- To build and maintain the ultimate CI/CD system.
- To build and maintain infrastructure for the internal team of ~60 developers and around ~5 million Preply visitors globally.
- To develop and support monitoring and alerting systems.
- Helping with automatization and implementing DevOps processes.
- Understanding of current business needs and being able to translate them into a technical solution.
- To create tooling for automation internal processes.
- To support developers with their requests.
Our technology stack: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Vault, Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, PostgreSQL, python, nodejs, Jenkins, Packer, …
What we're after:
- Strong knowledge with solutions based on Linux systems and Cloud solutions.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with automatic deployment tools docker-compose, Kubernetes, Helm.
- Strong experience with IaC tools as: Terraform
- Deep understanding of CI/CD and strong experience with Jenkins.
- Understanding of Networking: network topologies and common network protocols and services
- Solid scripting skills such as: Python, Shell (Bash) will be considered as a big plus.
- Minimum B2 English level.
- A customer-centric, empathetic mindset with excellent listening skills
- An ability to focus on what counts, creating simple solutions to deliver fast results
- A passion for learning and desire for self-improvement
What we offer:
- Work in the same office with easy-going and open-minded people from all over the world.
- Easy-to-reach location, brand new office in Kooperative with our own bar and barista:)
- Health insurance.
- Monthly bonus deposit for self-development on Preply.com
- Strong financial package, paid vacation and sick leave.
- Ability to work remotely 1 day per week. (Currently we have a choice to work remotely/from office till the end of summer)
- Possibility to become a part of a truly big Ukrainian story.
- Active office life with biweekly gatherings.
Diversity is important for us
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.