Developer Advocate (Open Source)
San Mateo, CA /
Preset is an open analytics data platform, built on Apache Superset™, that makes teams of all types productive with data. With an intuitive visual interface, Preset empowers users to explore and analyze their data. Flexible dashboarding capabilities and a deep set of visualization types make communicating and sharing data-driven insights simple and fast. Lightweight and cloud native, Preset supports the workflows of modern teams.
As an embedded full-time member of our team, you’ll work fearlessly to engage the next generation of users, contributors, and maintainers of Apache Superset and Preset. Your passion for data and open source is contagious and you want to communicate it through multiple channels: events, blog posts, documentation, social media, Slack, and more!
What you will do:
- Be the face of our growing open-source community - Superset technical support, training, and community management
- Write and curate quality product-related content (blogs, documentation, social media posts)
- Utilize data engineering, data visualization, analytics, and/or business intelligence tools (Apache Superset) to gather insights and measure our output
- Participate and be active in events: meetups, conferences, hackathons, or similar
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Practical knowledge of data engineering, data visualization, and analytics
- Experience working as a data engineer: familiarity with Python and SQL for data wrangling, data manipulation and shaping datasets for analysis, and assembling charts and dashboards
- Experience with multiple database/warehouse technologies such as Postgres, BigQuery, Snowflake, time-series databases, etc
- Experience working with data pipelines and cloud infrastructure. Bonus: experience with open source technologies such as Airflow, Kafka, Drill, etc
- Experience generating and publishing rich technical content, tutorials, videos, screen capture, etc
- Open to remote
Preset is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.