A well-funded startup founded in San Francisco, our workforce includes a diverse collection of individuals located across the country. Our first-of-its-kind platform combines secure video conferencing with a collection of intuitive tools developed for conducting remote, in-person, and hybrid legal proceedings.
By maintaining a dynamic work environment where employees collaborate and grow, we aim to modernize and transform the processes involved in court reporting, testimony management, trial preparation, use of video evidence, and more. Join us in disrupting the legal industry and beyond while working alongside our talented team!
Join our dynamic transcription team as a transcriber, scopist, or editor. Leverage our cutting-edge AI transcription platform with state-of-the-art speech recognition capabilities to produce precise transcripts from audio and video content. We pride ourselves in hiring only the very best. We require exceptional English proficiency, sharp research skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a steadfast commitment to confidentiality.
While the role is fully remote, you won’t be alone. You’ll receive training and mentorship under the guidance of our Transcription Quality Control Manager and interact daily with our operations team and other remote editors in a shared collaboration environment.
- Review AI-generated transcriptions of legal depositions against original audio or video for accuracy and completeness.
- Edit and proofread AI-generated transcriptions to correct grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors.
- Conduct thorough research to ensure accuracy of technical and specialized legal terminology and names.
- Ensure proper identification of speakers.
- Maintain consistency and adherence to established style guidelines.
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines while maintaining quality.
- Adapt to changes in AI technology and transcription practices as well as Prevail’s editing environment.
- College or university degree or court reporting/transcription certification preferred.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with the ability to focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to prioritize various requests and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to follow and adhere to specific transcription style guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to think logically and contextually as well as research thoroughly.
- Ability to interact with team members in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Familiarity of legal terminology and jargon.
- Computer literate and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Fluent in English, with a solid understanding of grammar, spelling, punctuation and idioms.
- AAERT (American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers) Certified Electronic Transcriber (CET) or similar certification is a plus.
- Portfolio of work and experience that demonstrates language skill, reason, research, ability to think contextually, and attention to detail is a plus.
- Bonus points: Has a solid understanding of legal industry methodology, general court procedures, and/or experience in the legal or transcription industry.
- The pay range for this hourly position is $17.50-$22/hr; however, the pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
$17.50 - $22 an hour
Prevail Legal reserves the right to change this job description to meet the organization's business needs.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.