Ruby on Rails Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Austin, Texas /
Prevail is a well funded technology startup producing technology for the legal industry, based in San Francisco with teams in Honolulu & Austin. Our platform enables better case preparation, based on depositions—sworn, out-of-court witness testimony—hosted with video conferencing and synchronized, ML-based transcription. As our team and customer base grow, we are expanding our quality control to support new functionality and higher usage. The SDET leads test automation for our Ruby on Rails, AWS-hosted platform, working together with developers to ensure a stable, high-quality, easy-to-develop product.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $110,000/yr. Experience with test automation using Ruby is required.
- Plan automated testing and test cases for web and mobile app software.
- Lead and support software developers in identifying test cases and building and automating testing.
- Integrate test automation with continuous integration and release management.
- Guide balance in testing efforts, such as different levels—unit, integration, GUI, etc—and types—smoke, validation, stress, etc—of testing.
- Assess product quality using multiple techniques. For example, bug rate assessment, static code analysis, and/or performance metrics.
- Lead quality assurance practices, for example root cause analysis, coding techniques, technical design review, and designing for accessibility and security.
- Revise quality strategies as outcomes and circumstances change.
- Experience as a Developer or SDET
- Experience with Ruby test automation required
- Ruby on Rails experience preferred
- Health/dental/vision insurance premiums covered for employees, 50% covered for dependents.
- 5 weeks of vacation per year
- Equity in a fast growing company!
We are currently working 100% remotely. When it is safe to do so, we will work in offices, so you should be able to work from Honolulu, San Francisco/Bay Area, or Austin, TX.
Prevail is committed to equality and diversity, including paying fairly for equal work, and to building an inclusive workplace.
This position is open to US Residents, including foreign nationals residing in the United States. Prevail will not sponsor applicants for a work visa.