Software Engineer Video (Remote)
San Francisco, California
A well-funded startup founded in San Francisco, our workforce includes a diverse collection of individuals located all across the country.
Our first-of-its-kind platform combines secure video conferencing with a collection of intuitive tools developed for conducting remote, in-person, and hybrid legal proceedings.
By maintaining a dynamic work environment where employees collaborate and grow, we aim to modernize and transform the processes involved in court reporting, testimony management, trial preparation, use of video evidence, and more.
Join us in disrupting the legal industry and beyond while working alongside our talented team!
This position is fully remote.
- Experience working with media containers, especially webm and mp4.
- Understanding of industry standard video and audio codecs, especially H265 and AV1.
- Ability to multitask, troubleshoot, prioritize and manage time wisely. Strong Interpersonal skills to include: solid teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must be highly motivated with proven problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to drive change.
- Applicant must be able to function in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Creating pipelines for recording and playing back media from WebRTC sessions.
- Working with media data, ie editing EBML headers, adding sync frames or seek heads.
- Interacts with various internal departments for day to day operations including weekly status meetings and systems development projects.
- Maintains all necessary documentation for workgroup operations.
- Experience with Communications/Media protocols and standards, especially WebRTC.
- Knowledge about just in time video/audio packaging.
- Worked on audio and/or video codecs.
- Comprehensive Benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
- Five weeks of PTO and all federal holidays
- Generous Continued Education Allowance
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Remote First Environment
- An Open, Diverse, and Respectful Working Environment
Prevail Legal reserves the right to change this job description to meet the organization's business needs.
We can only hire US Citizens and cannot provide H1B Visa support.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.