Primary is a gender-non-prescriptive, inclusive kids clothing brand started by Galyn Bernard and Christina Carbonell in 2015. The company was founded on the idea that kids clothing should be affordable, feel amazing, and be free of logos and slogans so that all kids can truly shine. Our customers are incredibly passionate about our mission, leading to strong repeat metrics and one of the highest NPS scores in the industry (85+). We are laser-focused on building a strong, sustainable and profitable (!!) business, and hiring the best people to help us get there. Our company values kind and thoughtful self-starters who can think strategically and then work collaboratively with people across the organization to produce high-quality outcomes. We are also a very change-friendly group of people, and are always seeking fresh points of view to uncover ways we can improve our products, processes and team culture.
Company-sponsored health insurance
A 401k program (no matching just yet)
Three weeks of PTO (four weeks after two years at the company)
12 weeks of parental leave + 2 week ramp-up period afterward for all new parents
Primary School: a program that gives every employee $100 a month to spend on classes to help them grow (even if unrelated to their work).
Who are you?
As our first accounting analyst, you will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping and reconciliation activities. Additionally, you will assist with the month close process, tax compliance, automation initiatives, and other special projects. You are bright, nimble, and hard working. You love to roll your sleeves up and work in the details; you are comfortable being challenged; you are resourceful. You are a team player who works well independently, too. You are kind and you like to have fun. And importantly, you believe in Primary’s mission: To keep kids comfortable from the inside out so they can shine bright and live courageously.
- Manage the accounts payable function including coding invoices, obtaining departmental approval, scheduling and/or processing payments, maintaining vendor records and responding to vendor and business partner inquiries
- Manage accounts receivable function including creation and distribution of customer invoices, application of incoming wires, and deposit of check payments
- Perform bookkeeping activities on an ongoing basis: upload transactional activities to our general ledger system, properly classify and code transactions to appropriate GL account
- Assist in month-end close process by performing bank reconciliations, assisting in preparation of workpapers and accounting schedules, and performing corresponding journal entries
- Assist in reporting variances of actual results vs budget with explanations for differences
- Assist with federal and local tax compliance including our annual corporate returns as well as monthly state and local sales tax filings
- Provide support for routine financial audits
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting projects or initiatives as needed
- Assist in payroll administration as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years relevant experience; e-commerce and/or retail experience a plus
- Proficiency in excel; experience using advanced formulas to streamline and automate recurring workflows
- Experience working with general ledger systems (Netsuite a plus)
- CPA and/or advanced degree a plus
How you know it’s a good fit:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work in a start-up environment in a role that has tremendous opportunity for growth, you value your colleagues and your own contribution to the company’s culture and you take pride in your work product, we’re pretty confident this could be a great fit for both of us and we’d love to hear from you at email@example.com.
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!