Primary is a gender-non-prescriptive, inclusive kids clothing brand started by Galyn Bernard and Christina Carbonell in 2015. The company was founded on the idea that kids clothing should be affordable, feel amazing, and be free of logos and slogans so that all kids can truly shine. Our customers are incredibly passionate about our mission, leading to strong repeat metrics and one of the highest NPS scores in the industry (85+). We are laser-focused on building a strong, sustainable and profitable (!!) business, and hiring the best people to help us get there. Our company values kind and thoughtful self-starters who can think strategically and then work collaboratively with people across the organization to produce high-quality outcomes. We are also a very change-friendly group of people, and are always seeking fresh points of view to uncover ways we can improve our products, processes and team culture.
Company-sponsored health insurance
A 401k program (no matching just yet)
Three weeks of PTO (four weeks after two years at the company)
12 weeks of parental leave + 2 week ramp-up period afterward for all new parents
Primary School: a program that gives every employee $100 a month to spend on classes to help them grow (even if unrelated to their work).
- Design non-paid digital Creative - social posts, direction for our homepage and list pages.
- Execute printed materials such as catalogs and mailers.
- Work with our Merchandising, Marketing and Tech teams to regularly refresh the Primary.com homepage assets, as well as our product list pages.
- Work with our Sr. Designer to ensure consistency across all our work.
- Through your own work and critique, suggest areas we can evolve or improve on our existing brand guidelines to keep our brand fresh and moving forward.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong knowledge of digital and print design/production.
- The ability to speak confidently about producing and exporting assets for the web, as well as the various idiosyncrasies of different social platforms.
- Excitement about working with different departments to achieve a shared goal.
- Strong communication skills. Examples of times you've had to resolve conflicting feedback.
- Solid design fundamentals, allowing you to both give and receive critique with ease, as well as produce designs and layouts that feel intentional and well-crafted.
Not must have, but let us know if you...
- Have experience working in apparel or physical products.
- Have experience or interest in other areas of design like motion, photography, illustration, etc.
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!