Government Relations Partner
General and Administrative /
- Prime Movers Lab invests in breakthrough scientific startups founded by Prime Movers, the inventors who transform billions of lives. We invest in companies reinventing energy, transportation, infrastructure, manufacturing, human augmentation, and agriculture. We are defined by our unique dedication to science and service. The core of our differentiated approach is our deep technical diligence to evaluate groundbreaking technologies along with a relentless commitment to serve and add value to every founder, investor, partner and member of our ecosystem.
- We are seeking a Government Relations Partner to help our portfolio companies thrive in complex regulatory and government contracting environments through a mix of direct support, leveraging our world leading advisors, and building a network of specialist government relations and government contracts professionals. The Government Relations Partner should be comfortable building and implementing complex government affairs strategies, working with our portfolio companies to translate breakthrough science into language that is compelling in Washington, DC and state capitals.
- The right candidate will bring a mix of a broad network of national political and public policy leaders, significant experience advising companies in navigating complex regulatory and government contracts environments, and the natural ability to rapidly build and manage exceptionally deep relationships across the wide range of policy areas that are relevant to breakthrough scientific startups. An exceptional Partner will relish the challenge of seamlessly balancing directly advising our early stage startups on government regulatory and contract matters, managing a network of PML advisors and external regulatory and contracts consultants and lobbyists who assist our more mature portfolio companies, and directly leading our portfolio and partners to impact the most high stakes matters.
- The ideal candidate has both substantial experience with venture capital and startup and a strong government network to leverage combined with a unique range of people skills to utilize as one of the faces of Prime Movers Lab. Our mission and values-driven partnership needs a Partner who can keep up with a fast pace and wants to learn how to be the best partner possible. We will invest in ongoing training and personal development to support the right candidate who meets our needs.
- Directly impact regulatory and government contracts outcomes across the portfolio.
- Manage the regulatory and government contracts process across our platform.
- Develop the network of regulatory and government contracts consultants and lobbyists we help portfolio companies leverage.
- Advise portfolio companies in their government relations strategy and work with firms we recommend.
- Perform public speeches at high-profile events to build the Prime Movers Lab reputation as the most founder-friendly venture capital firm uniquely suited to partner with breakthrough scientific startups operating in regulated environments.
- Pre-existing network in Washington, DC and with consultants, lobbyists, and other government relations services relationships.
- Experience handling government relations for a venture capital firm and/or startup.
- Demonstrated ability to reason from first principles.
- Flexible availability with a startup attitude of intense dedication.
- Entrepreneurial experience as a founder or early employee in a high-growth startup.
- Track record of investing in breakthrough startups.