Chief of Staff
Prime Movers invests in the founders of breakthrough scientific startups with the potential to transform billions of lives. Since launching in 2018, Prime Movers has focused on six key areas including energy, infrastructure, transportation, agriculture, manufacturing, and human augmentation with over $1 billion of assets now currently under management.
Prime Movers is seeking a Chief of Staff to support our Founder and General Partner Dakin Sloss. The ideal candidate is a versatile and driven professional with a technical background and experience as an entrepreneur. The right candidate will be equally comfortable learning to support and execute independently in fundraising, deal sourcing, hiring, project management, portfolio support, and team management. This is a role with tremendously wide exposure to all of the activities of the firm and beyond.
A fantastic Chief of Staff will be energized to learn a lot quickly and jump into contributing wherever is needed, sometimes supporting and sometimes executing independently. The right person will flow between participating in meetings led by our Founder, driving special projects, and being a proxy for our Founder in many situations. This will require a unique blend of entrepreneurial and scientific experience and most importantly a great ability to connect deeply with many different kinds of people.
- Provide strategic support to the Founder.
- Conduct screens of potential deals to invest in for the firm.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal teams and stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of company-wide initiatives.
- Monitor progress and results of projects and initiatives.
- Assist with fundraising and investor relations activities.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities.
- Execute independently on special projects.
- Support the portfolio of companies.
- Learn and grow rapidly across many domains.
- 5+ years of working experience as a founder navigating the entrepreneurial journey.
- Technical background ideally in physics and/or mathematics with strong first principles reasoning.
- Deep commitment to personal values and embodying growth and contribution Experience developing plans, proactively communicating and iterating with key stakeholders, and hitting deadlines consistently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interest in technology, startups, and venture capital.
- Salary ranges from $150,000 - $200,000 and includes additional benefits like carry, 401K match, full coverage of health benefits and more!
- This position is fully remote but will require travel as needed by the founding General Partner.