VP of Manufacturing
Jackson, Wyoming /
Technical Team /
Prime Movers Lab invests in breakthrough scientific startups founded by Prime Movers, the inventors who transform billions of lives. We invest $2mm-$5mm in seed-stage companies reinventing energy, transportation, infrastructure, manufacturing, human augmentation, and computing. The core of our differentiated value creation is our deep technical diligence to evaluate groundbreaking technologies. We need a VP of Manufacturing to execute rapid analysis of potential investments from a manufacturing and systems perspective to determine technological value and likelihood of successful economical scale-up.
The right candidate will bring broad systems design and manufacturing skills developed in leading world-class manufacturing organizations. It is crucial in this role to feel comfortable exploring a diverse range of technologies and applications including turbines, motors, planes, automobiles, 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics at various depths. An exceptional VP of Manufacturing will relish the challenge of seamlessly balancing interviewing Prime Movers, visiting production lines, reviewing technical marketing white papers, seeking input from expert advisors, speaking to competitors, and synthesizing this research into cogent easy to comprehend technology evaluations.
We are looking for someone who has strong manufacturing capabilities combined with a unique range of people skills to utilize as one of the faces of Prime Movers Lab. Our mission and values-driven partnership needs a VP of Manufacturing who can keep up with a fast pace and wants to learn how to be the best partner possible. We will invest in ongoing training and personal development to support the right candidate who meets our needs.
- Evaluate potential investments from a manufacturing perspective.
- Interview Prime Movers and their technical teams to dive deep.
- Read manufacturing plans, white papers, and broad research about target technologies.
- Coordinate expert input and review of competition to form a holistic thesis.
- Write in-depth technological evaluations synthesizing manufacturing conclusions.
- Regularly travel to evaluate opportunities and support founders face to face.
- Perform public speeches at high profile events to build the Prime Movers Lab brand and reputation as the most founder-friendly venture capital firm.
- MS in physics, mechanical engineering, or a similar field.
- Demonstrated ability to reason from first principles.
- Track record in manufacturing sophisticated engineering systems.
- Flexible hours and availability with a startup attitude of intense dedication.
- Expertise in building engineering teams.
- Past exposure to angel investing or venture capital.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup.