Prime Movers Lab invests in the founders of breakthrough scientific startups with the potential to transform billions of lives. Since launching in 2018, Prime Movers has focused on six key areas including energy, infrastructure, transportation, agriculture, manufacturing, and human augmentation with over $1 billion of assets now currently under management.
At the core of our differentiated approach is our deep technical and scientific diligence used to evaluate groundbreaking technologies, along with a relentless commitment to serve and add value to every founder, investor, partner, and member of our ecosystem. We are looking for an in-house Designer to help our founders build their brands, stories, investor pitch decks, and more as they develop their company's voice and values.
The right person will be excited about building visual stories and pitches for our portfolio and our firm. The perfect candidate will take a multi-faceted approach to brand building, creating assets for events, podcasts, webinars, Limited Partner communications, and startup brand identities.
- Provide hands-on research and design services, including asset creation, design strategy, and brand architecture, to create timeliness content for the firm and our portfolio companies.
- Collaborate with design agencies and marketing agencies to develop concepts for a wide range of marketing touch-points while still feeling consistent with core brand principles for each company, including our firm.
- Contribute to Prime Mover's overall brand building by creating unique branding assets for a wide range of events hosted by the firm throughout the year, hosting design workshops for our founders, writing design thought leadership pieces, and fostering our overall relationship with the larger design community.
- Help our founders perfect their pitch decks and develop their brand identities.
- Experience with data visualization, information architecture, brand identity and development, and design prototyping.
- Experience working with video production and/or motion design.
- Strong self-starter and project management skills with the ability to lead projects from kickoff to completion.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Team player mentality with a science and service focus.
- Must be legally authorized to work for Prime Movers Lab in the United States.
- Experience in deck creation Illustration is a plus.
- Previous exposure to working directly with founders and/or early-stage startups is preferred.
- Preference for remote work and self-direction is preferred.
- The salary offering for this role is around $80,000 and includes additional benefits like a 401K match, full coverage of health benefits, a stipend for a home office upgrade, and more!
- This position is fully remote but must be US based and will require work travel 4+ times per year.