VP of Finance
Jackson, Wyoming /
General and Administrative /
Prime Movers Lab invests in breakthrough scientific startups founded by Prime Movers, the inventors who transform billions of lives. We invest in companies reinventing energy, transportation, infrastructure, manufacturing, human augmentation, and computing. We are defined by our unique dedication to science and service. The core of our differentiated approach is our deep technical diligence to evaluate groundbreaking technologies along with a relentless commitment to serve and add value to every founder, investor, partner and member of our ecosystem. We are seeking a VP of Finance to manage our financial operations across financial planning, accounting, and reporting for our multiple funds, SPVs and management company. This spans reviewing outputs from our outsourced fund administrator, coordinating capital calls and distributions with limited partners, and engaging deeply with portfolio companies on financial performance and reporting.The right candidate will bring a mix of deep financial expertise in venture capital and startups, significant experience with accounting and financial planning, and the natural ability to rapidly build and manage deep relationships. An exceptional VP of Finance will relish the challenge of seamlessly balancing planning, reporting, fund administration, advising portfolio companies, and ensuring we scale to serve our limited partners and founders rapidly while ensuring proper financial management.We are looking for someone who has both substantial venture capital financial experience and a strong passion for serving startups combined with a unique range of people skills to utilize as one of the faces of Prime Movers Lab. Our mission and values-driven partnership needs a VP of Finance who can keep up with a fast pace and wants to learn how to be the best partner possible. We will invest in ongoing training and personal development to support the right candidate who meets our needs.
- Manage outsourced fund administrators.
- Coordinate capital calls and distributions for limited partners.
- Run the portfolio financial reporting process.
- Advise portfolio companies in their financial strategy.
- Maintain a budgeting process for the management company.
- Ensure delivery of timely and accurate financials for limited partners.
- Oversee cash management, team expense reporting, HR, insurance and tax prep.
- Deep financial experience with venture capital firms.
- Passion for advising startups on how to scale and operate.
- Demonstrated ability to reason from first principles.
- Flexible availability with a startup attitude of intense dedication.
- Working knowledge of GAAP. CPA credential.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Entrepreneurial experience as a controller or VP of Finance in a high-growth startup.
- Track record of investing in breakthrough startups