Business Development Representative - EU (Fully Remote)
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
What will the role involve?
- Qualify inbound opportunities coming from different channels (e.g. marketing campaigns, partners, events). Always remembering you are the 1st point of contact with a merchant and the face of Primer.
- Identify and prospect new business opportunities, through tailored outbound activities.
- Develop strong sales skills and techniques through training, coaching and mentorship from manager and BDMs.
- Build collaborative relationships with your BDMs where you both strive to win for our business.
- Planning & Prioritizing your accounts effectively through research and analysis.
- Becoming a product and market specialist with scope to move into more senior roles within the BDR & Sales functions or other BD functions within Primer.
- Maximize your own personal development through 1 to 1 coaching sessions with your manager and your wider team.
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM
- Ensuring you keep our culture and values at the forefront of your mind when interacting with our customers, colleagues and business partners.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
What are we looking for?
- 1-3 years of sales, marketing or experience in sourcing / lead generation role, preferably in the payment, financial services or e-commerce industries.
- Motivated to work in a high-energy sales environment as a team player and eager to learn.
- Positive, upbeat and determined personality
- Demonstrated track record of achieving both individual and team goals in a professional setting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Ability to autonomously manage time, prioritize tasks and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision making and persuade others.
- Ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with Salesforce platform and other sales & marketing tools.
- Able to make independent choices and recommendations without immediate direction or supervision.
- Ability to work cross functionally with BDMs, Marketing, Leadership, etc. Acting as a conduit and a voice in meetings and events, and participation in each will be required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.