Senior Product Designer (Fully Remote)
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences.
The products you design will be touched by some of the world’s largest merchants and their customers. You’ll be leading design for a product area within your product team, working closely with peers from engineering, product, and more.
What will you be doing?
- Producing responsive screen designs from sketches to fully functional prototypes to test with users
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative usability testing where needed
- Always putting the user first - making our products simple, easy to use, accessible and pleasing to the eye
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers and product managers
- Crafting best-in-class visuals, working with Figma and more
- Examining data points and behavioural patterns, making product improvements where possible
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in designing engaging user experiences across multiple platforms
- Excellent understanding of design best practices, with the ability to turn complex flows and interactions into simple solutions
- Sensitivity to user experience - with an intuition for the user and enthusiasm for testing those assumptions; you will champion user needs and share insights with your product team
- Experience with tools like Figma
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with peers across product and engineering
- Contributing to our Design System, and contributing to the build of a collaborative and supportive culture within the growing Design team
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.