Senior Product Designer - Developer background (Fully Remote)
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
Primer is looking for a creative product designer with a developer background to lead design and user experience in the developer success team. It's no mean feat. The team's vision is to offer the simplest payments integration in the world, and in order to do so, we need to re-imagine how developers integrate payments. Your role is crucial.
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. You'll be expected to re-imagine and re-define how payments are integrated by developers, supported by unlimited access to users, and all the resources you need.
The products you design will be touched by some of the world’s largest merchants and their developers. You’ll be responsible for end-to-end design within your product team, working closely with peers from engineering, product, and more.
You'll be expected to always put the user first - making our products simple, easy to use, accessible and visually pleasing.
What will you be doing?
- Owning end-to-end product design and user experience within our Developer Success team, building out existing, and inventing new, developer-facing products and features.
- Creating product designs, from early exploration mock-ups to fully-fledged, final UI designs
- Conducting research and user tests; qualitative and quantitative usability testing where needed
- Creative explorations in order to reinvent the entire user journey - uncovering new features and products
- Examining data points and behavioural patterns, continuously making product improvements
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers and product managers
What are we looking for?
- We're looking for a designer who is from a developer background. You won't need to code, but we believe experience from building integrations yourself will help you excel in this role.
- Extensive experience in designing visual and engaging, end-to-end product designs
- The ability to simplify complexity
- Creativity - there's a better way to do this!
- Observational skills - curiosity and user intuition
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.