Chicago (remote friendly) /
Everyone has their favorite college or band t-shirt, a company shirt, or a brand you like sporting. These apparel-based items are made at screen printing shops around the world and we help them stay organized and grow. It can be very difficult to manage a high-volume of those orders and that's where Printavo comes in. On top of that, most current solutions are ancient, paper-based, and need more automation.
Printavo recently launched a new product, Printavo Merch that's growing very fast. Printavo Merch helps our customers to launch online stores to collect payments and order details quickly. Here's an example. During COVID-19, Printavo Merch helped small businesses fundraise and stay afloat by generating over $1m in sales every month.
Let's build the future of our industry together!
As a Software Engineer, you will be hands-on shaping our platform in all ways from performance to integrations and every layer in between. As a platform that has been serving a quickly growing user base for 5+ years, we have had to keep up by relentlessly refactoring in order to continue to deliver value for our customers.
Who We Are
Printavo is one of the leading software solutions for the custom apparel industry. If you’ve ever ordered custom t-shirts it’s likely that our software was running the show at that shop. With the work of our amazing team, we power printing companies around the world helping them to stay organized and grow.
- Direct ownership of your work
- See the effects immediately with our customers
- Become an early member of a fast-growing team
- Major growth and development opportunities
Role and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the CTO as well as work with the founder
- Assist customer success in diagnosing and addressing customer concerns
- Assist in monitoring for performance hotspots and participate in architectural changes to scale the platform
- Build features covering areas from integrations with other platforms, to further building out our own API
- Communication: You know how to talk to computers and humans since they’ll both be on your team
- Organization: Source control and writing tests is a reflex
- Curiosity: You ask questions. Understanding comes from asking, you don’t just nod and walk away asking “what was that all about?”
- Resilience: You don't fold under pressure. Rather, you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Pragmatism: Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was Printavo. It was a series of choices made over a long period of time that got us to where we are, always with the guiding principle being to do right by our shareholders...our customers
- Empathy: You love helping people, you care about your team and you're driven to enhance your personal growth. You love coming in on the ground floor and building something to reach heights it hadn’t without you. You also understand your customers and how your work helps them do their work
- Ownership: If you see a piece of litter you pick it up. Building applications from scratch are easy. Maintaining platforms over time is hard. You are always looking for extra credit ways to make the code you work on and own better than how you found it
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, or can prove very strong competence in many or all of the below layers of our tech stack:
- Long-term flexible work from home schedule
- Company matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- And more swag than you’ll know what to do with, courtesy of our amazing customers