Director of Production
New York, NY
Paid Media – Creative
We’re looking for a Director of Production to join the team at Priorities USA. This person will manage creative resources and video production across multiple campaigns to defeat Donald Trump in 2020.
As part of our mission, we’re launching one of the largest persuasion and mobilization campaigns in politics – a year-round effort to talk to key groups of voters regardless of where we are in the election cycle.
The Director of Production should be a highly skilled communicator who will effectively guide creative production on all of our projects.
- Manage and build a team of other project managers or creative producers.
- Lead production and project scheduling through the ad life cycle, including monitoring assets to assure on-time delivery, ensuring that assumption in media plans are synced with production timelines
- Facilitate our approval processes, including legal approval
- Manage internal campaign communication. You will translate comments, suggestions, and revisions, into concrete tasks that creatives can executive.
- Assign projects to creative team members based on members’ strengths and capacity, or work with outside production companies to get the work done
- Manage and reconcile production budgets, working with director of operations on creative production spending reports.
- Streamline the production and project workflow in order to increase efficiency. We want to constantly ask: how can we use innovation through our tools and communication?
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a creative production or project management role
- Worked in digital, creative, or marketing in a political, corporate, or non-profit context
- Deep production industry relationships and contacts
- Experience using a project management software – and opinions on your favorite.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. You’ll be leading meetings, handling follow-up, and communicating with your colleagues constantly.
- A passion to do work that matters — we’re fighting to make a better future for all Americans, and that drives us each and every day. The right candidate will be motivated to do the same.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Personable – the Director of Production will work with people from all over the progressive universe, and get along with them all.
- Able to travel
- Able to work full time in our NYC office
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
We project the salary range to be $100,000-$110,000, but will be tailored to experience and includes a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.