Washington, DC - New York, NY
Paid Media – Creative
Priorities USA is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our all-star creative team of art directors, writers, and producers to help defeat Trump in 2020. You’ll be supporting one of the largest persuasion and mobilization campaigns in politics – a year-round effort to talk to key groups of voters.
Reporting to the Design Director, the Graphic Designer is a high-level creative thinker and visual storyteller who’s passionate about using their talents to motivate voters across the political spectrum. You’re a driven designer who thrives in a fast-paced design environment and can expertly carry out a wide range of assets across multiple projects.
You’ll be required to:
- Complete a wide range of creative tasks including photo research, design for in-house pitch and review decks, social media assets, display ads, GIFs and more.
- Lend your creative talents to design brainstorms and creative concept ideation to help bring to life beautiful and compelling creative for a wide array of audiences
- Work collaboratively to implement feedback from cross-functional teams and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling results.
- Clearly communicate rationale behind proposed design solutions to creatives and non-creatives.
- Be flexible and willing to jump in on tasks both above and below your skill level.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news, creative trends and competitive campaigns.
We're looking for:
- A designer with 1-2+ years of experience in an ad agency, entertainment, media or political/non-profit environment.
- An agile creative with a wide skill set. An expert with both typography and color and understanding of developing effective designs for digital, social, traditional and influencer advertising is key.
- An excellent command of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and presentation software such as Keynote, Powerpoint, and Google Slides. After Effects is also a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized, including clear external and internal file management.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to develop and execute creative concepts in the digital and/or broadcast space.
- A passion for using creative to affect change, high emotional intelligence and a strong equity lens.
- And of course: a deep and unyielding desire to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box in November
To apply, please submit your portfolio and resume.
Salary for this position will be $60,000-$70,000 but will be tailored to experience. Benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that this is an election cycle job that concludes in November 2020.