Priorities USA Digital Ads Fellowship
Paid Media – Media
Are you an internet-savvy, politically-minded individual just starting out in your career? Are you interested in expanding the tools Democrats have at their disposal to win elections and advance issues you care about?
If so, the Priorities Digital Advertising Fellowship may be right for you!
Priorities USA is a voter-centric progressive advocacy organization and service center for the grassroots progressive movement. Priorities is committed to standing up to the Trump administration and its allies in order to build an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. In 2018, we ran the largest digital advertising campaign on the Democratic side, and helped other organizations invest more and invest smarter in digital persuasion and mobilization.
This cycle we are planning to double down on our commitment to digital media by building out an in-house buying team.
We are looking to hire a class of fellows to join our team from June 2019 - November 2019.
During your time with us as a Digital Ads Fellow, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Plan, traffic and buy digital media. You’ll learn to put together and implement media plans for targeted digital ad campaigns that meet the strategic imperatives laid out in each race/state. You’ll manage campaigns in self-serve platforms such as Facebook’s Business Manager and Google’s AdWords, and also work with ad vendors and consultants as needed.
- Monitor and report on how it’s going. You’ll report on ad campaigns to a variety of stakeholders and adapt campaigns in response to reporting and feedback.
- Keep the trains running. As part of the team watching the ins and outs of our campaigns, you’ll maintain media plans, reports, budgets, and other materials to track our work in an ever-changing environment.
- Help us do things by the book. You’ll work with the operations team to implement internal processes for launching and reporting buys that adhere to legal and compliance standards.
The right person for this fellowship should:
- Care about the work of electing Democrats up and down the ticket. We want to be upfront: Working in electoral politics can be hard! In order to hack it you'll need to be deeply invested in both the outcome (hello, getting Trump out of office!), and how we get there: working with a dynamic and diverse team, elevating marginalized voices, speaking to communities that are sometimes left behind by Democratic paid media programs.
- Have a strong interest in digital advertising. No previous experience is necessary, but let us know if you have experience in AdWords and Facebook Business Manager or have worked with (or at) an agency or ad vendor.
- Learn quickly. You’ll participate in a training curriculum designed to familiarize you with these ad platforms and the digital landscape more generally. No digital ad experience is necessary for this role, but you will need to be a quick study. That doesn’t mean you get everything right on the first try, but that you’re able to advocate for yourself and ask questions when you don’t know, in order to become a digital expert.
- Love a good spreadsheet. To run a great digital ads program we need to keep track of many moving pieces at once. We are looking for someone with strong organizational skills and an eye for detail -- that means you, to-do list makers and color coders. If you’re not an Excel whiz, but you’re willing to learn, that’s a-okay too.
- Be willing -- and excited! -- to try new things, learn from successes and mistakes, and adapt with new and changing information, in both the digital media and electoral landscapes. What you will do on a day-to-day basis will change over the course of your time in the fellowship. You will be successful if you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Please include a cover letter with your application. Since we are not necessarily looking for folks with digital ads experience, please use the cover letter to tell us more about why you're excited about digital ads and why you want to learn more about what we do.
Length of Fellowship: June 2019 through November 2019
Location: Washington, DC
Employee Status: Full-time
This is a paid position with full benefits. Fellows will be paid at an annual rate of $50,000. Apply by April 1st, 2019.