Deputy Director of Analytics
Paid Media – Analytics
Itching to use data science to defeat Donald Trump? Looking to develop cutting-edge methods to process and utilize digital analytics? Join Priorities USA as our Deputy Director of Analytics.
Priorities USA is committed to standing up Donald Trump in order to build an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. To achieve those goals and win in 2020, Priorities relies on data at every step of the decision-making process.
We’re looking for an individual to help build and lead an in-house team of data scientists to support those decisions. This team will be responsible for identifying, processing and analyzing the full scope of political, digital and advertising data. As the head of this team, you will be responsible for making recommendations on research methodologies to the Director of Analytics, implementing those approaches, and providing strategic guidance to senior leadership.
- Report to the Director of Analytics and collaborate with the Paid Media leadership team.
- Build and manage an in-house team of data scientists, including specialties in programming with APIs, Bayesian statistics, and R Shiny.
- Lead all in-house custom analyses, all the way from data collection to presentation of final results, with an eye toward scalability.
- Serve as Priorities USA’s go-to in-house methodologist, and make recommendations on the types of data and methodologies needed to answer strategic questions.
- Partner with external consultants, our Media team and strategic partners to implement the results of analyses.
- 2+ years work experience in data science, digital analytics or statistics.
- Strong background in methodology, particularly in Bayesian methods and programming.
- Some personnel management experience: anything from managing an intern/fellow to a small team is welcome.
- Fluency in R or Python, or a proven ability to learn languages quickly.
- Experience scraping, munging and analyzing large data sets collected from disparate data sources.
- Expert at prioritizing work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs.
- Graduate degree in statistics or political methods. Familiarity with Git and SQL.
- Previous experience in political campaigns, or a passion for progressive causes.
- Curiosity and passion for digital strategy, or past experience in digital advertising.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
This position is based in Washington, D.C., but remote work is possible for the right candidate. We project the salary range to be $95,000-$110,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.