Copywriter — Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Washington DC, NY, or remote /
Digital Media – Creative /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for a team who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
As Priorities’ Bilingual Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for concepting creative and developing copy for all digital platforms in both Spanish and English, including video scripts, social copy, and text for a wide array of digital assets. The ability to deliver concise and engaging copy in both languages — and a proven track record of reaching Latinx audiences in the digital and/or broadcast space — are musts!
Here's what you'll do:
- Partner with the Senior Writer, Art Director, and Associate Creative Director, Video Production to write, concept, develop, and oversee high quality video scripts and ad copy for the 2022 political cycle in both English and Spanish.
- Execute scripts and copy for ad campaigns designed to reach a wide array of audiences across America, including Latinx audiences.
- Consult with analytics and paid media teams to gather strategic information and determine the best creative approach, then create messaging and tone that is compelling and on-strategy. You’ll need to implement feedback and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling.
- Ensure creative is engaging, accessible, and builds on the messaging we are working to convey. Stay up-to-date on the latest news, creative trends, and competitive campaigns.
- Review Spanish-language work from outside partners and provide feedback with specific attention to fluency and cultural competency.
- Translate English-language copy for Spanish-speaking audiences across multiple states.
- Communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Vision. You have a passion for storytelling and the proven ability to translate strategy into compelling, narrative-driven English and Spanish content. You also have a deep understanding of copy in all the ways it shows up online.
- A deep understanding of Latinx audiences. Your past work demonstrates your ability to develop and execute creative concepts that reach these audiences in the digital and/or broadcast space.
- A flexible and collaborative working style. You can respond and adapt to changes and shifting priorities of a political organization. You should be able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines, and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves. You have the ability to get the work done in a fast-paced political environment, without sacrificing quality. You’re generous with your talents and willing to invest in your collaborators and team to help everyone produce exceptional work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills, with the ability to pitch and sell your creative ideas to larger internal teams. You can communicate strategic rationale to creatives and non-creatives alike.
- Passion. You care a lot about the direction of our country. You understand the importance of cultural competencies when speaking to a diverse sets of audiences. You know how to make something that’s both engaging and on-message.
Compensation & Benefits
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, D.C. where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range is $80,000 to $90,000 commensurate with experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, your resume, and portfolio.
Please note this is an election cycle position which concludes in November 2022.