Senior Video Editor
New York, NY
Paid Media – Creative
We’re looking for a video editor to join the team at Priorities USA. This person will play a critical role in creating videos content across multiple campaigns to defeat Donald Trump in 2020. As part of our mission, we’re launching one of the largest persuasion and mobilization campaigns in politics – a year-round effort to talk to key groups of voters regardless of where we are in the election cycle.
As Video Editor, you will sit on the creative production team and report to the Supervising Producer. You’ll be an integral part of our creative production team making opinion research-driven video content for a wide variety of audiences. You will help us rethink our basic assumptions about video style, production, and distribution.
- Scrappy – If you’re on a project, you’ll do whatever it takes to get it done… fast.
- A storyteller – No matter the length of your production, you’ve got the instincts to get to the heart of the video and know how the story has to be told.
- Not interested in just doing the same stuff folks have always done – We freely admit we don’t have all the answers, so we’re going to test a lot of ideas, and double down on the things that work.
- Flexible – The nature of this project means our work might look very different one week to the next. You might be editing video for different organizations or brands on different days. We all need to be flexible and adaptable to each project.
- Not a jerk – You’ll be working with people from all over the progressive universe, and you can get along with almost any of them.
- At least 5 years of experience editing video content in a fast paced environment and a portfolio to show for it.
- Good political instincts – You know how to make something that’s both creative and on message.
- A working knowledge of the tools -- You know how to work in Premiere at breakneck speed and take it to its limits.
- After Effects is a major plus but not a deal breaker.
- Passion – You care a lot about the direction of our country, particularly that it doesn’t involve the continued leadership of Donald Trump.
- Edit videos into their final products
- Pitch creative concepts for our video platforms
- Work with staff at our partner organizations to produce video content for their own channels
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creative team, consultants, research team and legal team.
- Start-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Design and animate title cards, end cards, and lower third titles
- Work cross-functionally with creative and production teams to align on project deliverables and gain a clear understanding of the strategy associated with a given project
- Collaborate with designers and writers to create stories through motion
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Mentor and oversee work of junior editors.
We project the salary range to be $80K -$90k, but will be tailored to experience and includes a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply