Senate Research Director
Research – Research
The Senate Research Director will play an integral role in Priorities USA’s efforts to support Democratic candidates for U.S. Senate in 2020. This position will lead research efforts related to our Senate paid media program, informing and ensuring the accuracy of the organization’s outward-facing content. This position requires a demonstrated track record of successful work in political research and a firm desire to take back the Senate in 2020.
- Work closely with the other members of the Senate team, including the campaign manager and creative team to inform our paid media efforts
- Conduct research on candidates in our Senate program
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of our paid media content
- Coordinate with partner organizations on research-related content as needed
- Two cycles minimum of campaign or political research experience, including serving as research lead at a senior level. Experience working on a U.S. Senate race or independent expenditure is a plus
- Experience fact-checking and supporting a paid media program, including producing ad and poll backups
- Ability to work independently and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency with LexisNexis, campaign finance filings, and other common political research resources
- You enjoy working on a team, collaborating with different kinds of people, and finding solutions to complex problems
Compensation includes a competitive salary (between $84,000 and $102,000, tailored to experience) and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.