Analytics Associate (Measurement)
Paid Media – Analytics
Priorities USA is committed to standing up to Donald Trump in order to build an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. To achieve those goals and win in 2020, Priorities relies on data at every step of the decision-making process.
We’re looking for an individual to join a growing in-house analytics team to support those decisions. This team will be responsible for identifying, processing and analyzing the full scope of political, digital and advertising data. This Analytics Associate will analyze data from field experiments, surveys, and in-field reporting to present recommendations that will help inform future creative, media buying, and targeting decisions by Priorities and its progressive partners.
- Design and implement field experiments and other measurement approaches to help Priorities understand which messages and tactics are effective. Implement survey experiments, conduct analysis, and present findings.
- Evaluate field experiments, from cleaning data to conducting statistical analyses measuring treatment effects, levels of uncertainty, and heterogeneity in results.
- Contribute to written reports and develop visuals for presentations of experiment results to share with Priorities USA and progressive organizations we partner with.
- Review related political science research to put Priorities’ results in context.
- Work closely with Analytics colleagues to develop data and technical infrastructure to ensure findings are used effectively to inform future strategic and tactical decisions.
- Report to the Analytics Manager and collaborate with Analytics leads and Paid Media team.
- 1+ years work experience in data science, statistics, or political science research.
- Academic or professional training in statistical methods, especially regression analysis, and experimental design and analysis.
- Experience working with large quantitative data sets and dealing with messy data. Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a passion for Democratic causes and candidates.
- Fluency in R and some experience with SQL, with a preference for fluency in tidyverse and ggplot packages.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Previous experience in political campaigns, or a passion for progressive causes.
- Curiosity and passion for digital strategy, or past experience in digital advertising.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. We project the salary range to be $65,000-$80,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.