Audience Development Fellow
Paid Media – Training & Fellowships
Priorities USA is leading the charge to take down Donald Trump in 2020. In order to do that, we plan to invest millions of dollars in cutting-edge advertising campaigns that push the boundaries of how a political campaign can look, sound, and feel. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for storytelling and discerning eye. You love connecting the dots across data and studying audience behavior online to identify actionable recommendations for creative and message teams.
Through your work with Priorities, you’ll work in service of the most important mission of a generation. You will help stop the attacks on our health care, fight back against policies that enrich billionaires and big corporations at the expense of working families, end family separation, protect our planet, and put an end to this administration's racism, discrimination, and corruption once and for all.
You’ll be an integral part of our growing media team and will help us rethink basic assumptions about how we communicate to voters on and offline. Sound interesting? Read on.
- Report to the director of strategy but work closely with digital media team
- Work with the advertising operations reporting manager to identify messages or creative trends we’re interested in tracking across paid programs.
- Analyze campaign performance of content and website traffic, identify opportunities to optimize and iterate on campaigns and communicate to creative and strategy teams.
- Use social media monitoring tools to track conversations happening amongst audiences, providing actionable insights that the creative and strategy teams can use to make campaigns more contextually relevant.
- Post organic social content and track performance.
- Eager to learn – Never worked in the audience development space or even politics? That’s okay! You just need to be ready to learn and fit all the below qualities.
- A storyteller and listener – You know what makes a good story and can track and analyze (aka listen!) trends across stories to discern trends that are actionable for the creative team.
- Social media maven – You’re always on top of the latest online trends and tracking what’s popping across social media. The digital ecosystem is your home, and you’re genuinely curious about what makes folks tick online.
- A team player - You understand that it takes a village and know how to rely upon and trust in the expertise of others. You bring a lot of ideas to the table, and you advocate passionately for them, but change your POV when the evidence points to other, better solutions.
- Scrappy – If you’re on a project, you’ll do whatever it takes to get it done… fast.
- Flexible – The nature of this role means our work might look very different one week to the next. You are skilled at adjusting and adapting to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Not a jerk – You’ll be working with people from all over the progressive universe, and you can get along with any of them.
Please include a cover letter with your application. Since we are not necessarily looking for folks with lots of experience, please use the cover letter to tell us more about why you're excited about digital and why you want to learn more about what we do.
Length of Fellowship: June 2019 through November 2019
Location: Washington, DC
Employee Status: Full-time
This is a paid position with full benefits. Fellows will be paid at an annual rate of $50,000. Apply by April 1st, 2019.
People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.