Associate Creative Director, Video Production
Digital Media – Creative /
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2022, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. With Donald Trump defeated, we’re looking for someone who wants to answer “what’s next?” and to help shape the next chapter of progressive campaigning.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Associate Creative Director (ACD), Video Production at Priorities USA will build and manage a team of producers and editors to execute beautiful digital creative to motivate voters across to participate in the mid terms. You’re a creative leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can expertly manage the production of a wide range of assets across multiple projects.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage and build a diverse team of expert producers and video editors to create compelling video content for digital platforms of every size and shape. You’ll have strategic oversight of the video process from concepting to pre-production, production, post, delivery and archiving.
- Collaborate with in-house creatives including Art Directors, and Copywriters to propose top-notch video solutions and be able to clearly communicate strategic rationale behind those solutions to creatives and non-creatives.
- Direct external production partners and work to identify high-quality production vendors, agencies and freelancers as needed.
- Inspire and invest in your team, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement and cross-collaboration.
- Translate comments, suggestions, and revisions, into concrete tasks that creatives can executive.
- Manage and reconcile production budgets, working with Creative Director on spending reports. You’ll need to review a concept and develop a thoughtful budget for getting it done. You should be able to communicate rationale behind it, and get creative with budgets when necessary.
- Oversee stock licensing, releases, and disclaimers.
- Vision. A proven record of making evocative video content and a deep understanding of the knowledge of video in all the ways it shows up online. You ideally have a sharp perspective on how to capture people’s attention on social media or on streaming platforms and you can communicate beautiful treatments that elevate the message we’re trying to communicate. Experience with digital advertising is a plus.
- Leadership. Experience managing a team of video editors and producers to produce their best work and grow in their roles.
- A flexible working style. You can respond and adapt to changes in timelines and strategies. You are able to step into a situation full of ambiguity and create clarity and structure. You should be able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines, and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- A working knowledge of the tools. You don’t have to be an editor or a DP, but you should understand the workflows at all stages of the video production process so you can communicate and problem solve effectively. You’ll be managing editors and production crews so you need to be just as comfortable chatting through Adobe Premiere workflows as you are camera systems, lenses, and lighting.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You’re highly organized and capable of managing multiple budgets, timelines and deliverables, including clear external and internal file management.
- People skills. You’re able to communicate strategic rationale to creatives and non-creatives alike. You can communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Passion. You care a lot about the direction of our country. You understand the importance of cultural competencies when speaking to a diverse sets of audiences. You know how to make something that’s both engaging and on message. Experience working in political or non-profit environments and having a basic understanding of PAC vs Primary Purpose budgets and the implications it has on creative and disclaimers is a huge plus.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we will eventually have an office once it’s safe, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range for the position starts at $100,000 commensurate with experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 50% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer contributions, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for a disability to apply to this position, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this is an election cycle position which concludes in November 2022.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, your resume and portfolio.