Associate Creative Director - Copy
New York, NY
Paid Media – Creative
Priorities USA is looking for an Associate Creative Director - Copywriter who is curious, highly-motivated, and passionate about using their creative talents to defeat Trump in 2020.
The Copy ACD is a self-starter who is passionate about storytelling and the written word and has a proven record of turning a strategic brief into beautiful, impactful work. Reporting to the Creative Director, this is a hands-on role that requires you and your partner to develop 360 creative concepts and see them through every aspect of execution. We'll be creating a ton of video assets and are looking for a Copy ACD with production knowledge and a deep understanding of storytelling through film. We need someone who knows how to lead and collaborate on-set, building strong working relationships with our production partners to ensure that our creative vision and standards and strategic goals are being met.
You'll be required to:
- Partner with an ACD - Art to create powerful, impactful work that persuades voters in a meaningful way
- Write, concept, develop, produce and oversee high quality creative for the 2020 political cycle
- Consult with strategy, analytics, and paid media teams to gather strategic information and determine the best creative approach, then create messaging and tone that is compelling and on-strategy
- Help build cross-functional team dynamic and ensure that creative is aligned with our strategies and polling data
- Help recruit, hire and manage our NYC creative team. Oversee 3-5 creative team members.
- Uphold high creative standards and advocate for high quality work
- Implement feedback from cross-functional teams and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling results
- Work with creative partners, art directors and strategists on all assigned briefs
- Lead junior creative team members and supervise creative development and execution
- Work alongside Production Directors to select external creative production partners
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news, creative trends and competitive campaigns.
- Keep a positive attitude and build team morale
- Be generous with your ideas and your knowledge of the written word, art and advertising
- Communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences
- 7+ years of experience in an ad agency environment working as a CopywriterIdea-driven, with the writing chops to execute meaningful work that stands out in the digital space
- Ability to get the work done in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing qualityGreat understanding and appreciation for strategy
- Deep knowledge of digital, social, traditional and influencer advertising, with proven experience developing and producing successful 360 campaigns
- Talented hands-on creative, who is a highly conceptual thinker, loves the written word and can concept and execute beautiful ideas from strategic briefs
- Highly collaborative, positive attitude and forward-thinkingKnowledge of trends, pop culture, fine arts, current events and anything else that influences popular culture and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to pitch and sell your creative ideas to larger internal teams
- An interest in progressive politics. And an understanding of, or desire to learn, the nuances of political campaigns
- Deep and unyielding desire to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box in November
We're also looking for an Associate Creative Director - Art Director, and we're open to bringing on an established creative team.
To apply, please submit your portfolio and resume. Applications without creative portfolios will not be considered.
We project the salary range to be $110,000-$120,000, but will be tailored to experience and includes a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation.
We believe that the harmful policies and beliefs of the Trump administration and its allies disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in American society – including people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities are essential in the work that we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.